Went To North Carolina In A Shelby

no-nos

Well here it goes , wednesday i purchased an engine block from one of the guys here ( robs87t ) so instead of the normal ok ship-it!, I thought ROAD TRIP! so i called up a buddy and told him of my idea he was like , so i thought my 05 navigator will consume way to much gas and it'll put us both to sleep, ( the dang truck is too comfortable )
so i figure, i'll just go to hertz and rent a -v6- jeep but when i walked thru the doors i knew that plan just went to $hit when i saw what was sitting in the showroom f loor, I looked over and saw a 06 Shelby mustang which looked really, really nice ( look for yourself ) i tell ya this was the first mustang i ever drove, and i tell ya the car ROCKS!! it got what feels like 500 hp i rented it with only 200 miles on it , it now has over 1800 i know the manager is going to be about the miles but it's free miles anyway ,

guys, the car rental is $130 a day with a reservation without it it's $240 but NOW HEAR THIS if you have a capital one credit card you get 43%off , the clerks could'nt even believe the rate, the car rides and performs like a dream i never thought much about mustangs but this car I WOULD BUY, i love the way the mufflers sound, an awesome auto ford guys, well done.

Attachments

• Picture 4207n.JPG
    Picture 4207n.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 250
cool, even looks like they went with the retro h-500 paint job too!!!

43% off $130 ??? :confused: good beater for a day :p just be careful :eek:

Attachments

• wrecked%2007%20hertz1.jpg
    wrecked%2007%20hertz1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 226
I had heard the ones from the Rent a car agencies were not the real GT500s; aka much lower HP but still with the cosmetics. Is this correct or was it a genuine 500hp?

Yeah, we want to know, can we get a 500Horse mustang for a day for 130 plus insurance?

I cant believe those would be avail to the public, but then again they were available back in the day.

Sign me up,. i would like to drive before i buy :eek:

Surely these cars arent avail at every rental house, how do you inquire about a reservation for a real one?
Id like to drive one for a day, perticularly a wenesday or friday if its not raining.... :cool:

BW

How much do the real Shelbys have? Hopefully there will be some to beat up on the ford versus Buick event. :cool:

Jason

A friend of mine works for delfi (or at least till the end of the month then he is being let go) :(

Anyway He brought one by my house and I got to drive it! All I can say is at 35 miles per hour in 2nd gear matt the gas and its side ways!!! It pulls like a train in any gear and all I can say is if I had the $$$ Id have one on ourder today!!!
these cars are going top everything on the road!
the motor is rated @ 500hp 500ft of torgue! Its the same eng. as in the Ford GT and he said the one they had on the dyno put 505 hp and 545 ft to the wheels!!! So ford has under rated this car by a ton! Its not very loud and the exaust looks like it can be improved on also. I am sure we will be seeing them in the 11's pure stock!!! and 10's wouldnt be hard to get them into!

Sad GM wont make a Camaro with this kinda power!

All I can say is it was the most fun I have had out side of my T-type and I think my 11's sec car would have a hard time hanging with it if it had some good sticky tires on it. NUTTS!!

I took some photos of it when we got back to the house. (trust me it started raining when we were out witch sucked cause it stopped my fun lol :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 135
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 119
  • Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 105
thunderace31 said:
A friend of mine works for delfi (or at least till the end of the month then he is being let go) :(

Anyway He brought one by my house and I got to drive it! All I can say is at 35 miles per hour in 2nd gear matt the gas and its side ways!!! It pulls like a train in any gear and all I can say is if I had the $$$ Id have one on ourder today!!!
these cars are going top everything on the road!
the motor is rated @ 500hp 500ft of torgue! Its the same eng. as in the Ford GT and he said the one they had on the dyno put 505 hp and 545 ft to the wheels!!! So ford has under rated this car by a ton! Its not very loud and the exaust looks like it can be improved on also. I am sure we will be seeing them in the 11's pure stock!!! and 10's wouldnt be hard to get them into!

Sad GM wont make a Camaro with this kinda power!

All I can say is it was the most fun I have had out side of my T-type and I think my 11's sec car would have a hard time hanging with it if it had some good sticky tires on it. NUTTS!!

I took some photos of it when we got back to the house. (trust me it started raining when we were out witch sucked cause it stopped my fun lol :rolleyes:

:eek: :biggrin:

I would love to see a stock GT500 vs a stock Z06 at the track. If the GT500 is really putting out that much rwhp then it will be a really close match up.

hbsky said:
I would love to see a stock GT500 vs a stock Z06 at the track. If the GT500 is really putting out that much rwhp then it will be a really close match up.
in the last car and driver or motor tread they had a stock vette vs a new cobra, even at 500hp it was only going 12's at a wimpy 114-116 "mid 11's wit h tires" but still a stock vette beat it in almost every test. waste of money imo i woul;d just procharge a 06gt and for 50k less"with dealer mark ups" have a better car with more hp.

fun ride , i was able to hit 131mph :D , i tell ya what for only 325hp the car really moves .

Those are two differant mustangs. The ones that are available for rent from Hertz are not the supercharged 5.4L version that is the 07 Shelby Cobra. The Hertz car is a slightly modded mustang GT with 325hp, lowered suspension, and differant apperance package. The Shelby Cobra is sort of a detuned Ford GT engine minus the aluminum block and dry sump oil system and twin screw blower. You wont find these at any car rental places. Both are nice cars but would not stand a chance up against the 06 ZO6.

Way2QWK said:
Those are two differant mustangs. The ones that are available for rent from Hertz are not the supercharged 5.4L version that is the 07 Shelby Cobra. The Hertz car is a slightly modded mustang GT with 325hp, lowered suspension, and differant apperance package. The Shelby Cobra is sort of a detuned Ford GT engine minus the aluminum block and dry sump oil system and twin screw blower. You wont find these at any car rental places. Both are nice cars but would not stand a chance up against the 06 ZO6.

I am sooooooooooooo glad someone with some knowledge posted in this thread. For a minute i was thinking people believed you could rent a gt500 for a $130/day :rolleyes:

ghall said:
I am sooooooooooooo glad someone with some knowledge posted in this thread. For a minute i was thinking people believed you could rent a gt500 for a $130/day :rolleyes:

take a good look, i said it feels like a 500hp. :rolleyes: , which i now know it's 325 but i tell ya it pulls really nice. and the sounds awesome