You can type here any text you want

Went to the track Sunday!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

OTHRWMN

Detroit Lions Fan!!!
Yesterday we went to the track for the first time this year.It was 34 degrees out! I made one pass before it started to snow.My previous best was 13:51 @ 98 mph(basically stock car) I ran a 13.001 @ 106.52 with alky,slicks & a closed exhaust.(I forgot to open it) The alky was a winter project, last year I just ran AV fuel.The only other thing I added was a Terry Houston dp.
I'm pleased for the conditions we ran in.We should be going back up on wednseday its supposed to be sunny & almost 60!
I'll make 1 or 2 more passes with open exhaust then I am going to try my drag radials & then I'll try the nitrous!!

20 lbs of boost,I can be a retard(none) & 1.802 60ft on a cold,cold,track.
Thanks for asking!

Which track? Stanton? I am hoping to get to Ubly pretty soon once I get a little more tuning done.

Stock Turbo?
what chip?

We go to Stanton ( actually Mcbride) as often as possible. Twins,Nocooler,Bigsix & I will be there tomorrow because they cancelled sunday's test & tune.
My car is mostly stock, meaning I still am using the stock Turbo,intercooler etc... you know the expensive stuff.
I am using PT&E's race chip with alky & I plan to use their street chip when I run race gas & n2o.I just had my 17" drag radials mounted up today hopefully they aren't a ton worse then my slicks.
We will see tomorrow!

I think you could get some 12.80's or better outta her, if you can get it to stick. See ya tomorrow.

Jeremy

Well I just got back from the track. Now I have a bunch of 13.0 timeslips. I'm getting a bunch of knock in third & forth gear.The stock injectors are what we are suspecting, the car has 72k on it so that makes sense. What injectors would you guys use? as soon as I work this out I will use a 50-75 horse shot. The goal here is 11.9's so I want to make sure I get the right ones.
What a drag! I was really hoping for 12's. I guess I need to look at how good this car runs for the few mods it has.

Here are all my times tonight:

60ft=1.854 17" drag radials 2 lb launch
13.20@ 104.42

60ft=1.861 17" drag radials 2 lb launch
13.26@103.61

60ft=1.797 15" slicks 10 lb launch
13.05@105.06

60ft=1.861 15" slicks 5 lb launch
13.08@106.4

There were a couple more but you guys should get the idea.

Good times nontheless! I am gonna order an alky kit once I get my car tuned up right, and I was planning to get new injectors. My car is capable of 13.1x now (I THINK) based on my 8.35 1/8th mile. What were your 1/8ths out of curiosity?
Based on any of the bench analysis I've done, I think my stock injectors are just about to run out of gas (literally). Much more than 350 horsepower and I think it's a good idea to swap them. So I'm gonna get new injectors when I get the kit.
Keep at it though. 11.9s is cake for these cars (or so I'm TOLD ;) )

1/8 mile times as follows:

13.088 = 8.416

13.055 = 8.362

13.001 = 8.301

I have heard new stock injectors are good for 11.7's is that really true ? I have also heard you can get remanufactured injectors for about $90 has anyone heard that? If so who sells them?

Back