You can type here any text you want

Were there factory air bags avaialble in 87?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

neat

The Buick in my signature has 2 big red air bags in the coil springs in the rear. The air lines run to a schrader valve in the trunk. The lines have been cut for some reason, but the car sat for 5 years before I got ahold of it so it may have just been some random vadalism.

Were the air bags and option in 87? My girl friends Dad bought the car new in 87 ans he says he never installed the bags, so that it must have been a factory option. However, that was 20 years ago, so his memory is a bit hazy that far back.

Regardless of how they got there, I have some wheel hop on hard launches, would repairing the lines and inflating the bags some help? What kind of PSI should I put in the bags?

I installed one on mine, passenger side only, and it planted my wheels nicely. I had tire hop on my launch at the track, even with slicks, and when I put the bag in, it planted the wheel and it took off nice! I onyl have 6 psi in mine. They are not ment to hold alot of air, just enough to cushion the hop. IMO you should fix the line and make sure the bags are still good, no holes, etc., from sitting.

No air bags were not an option. On some years and some models of G-bodies air-lift shock absorbers were an option but the 85-87 Regals weren't one of them.

Back