West Coast Nationals, Las Vegas, NV this year?

turbo6man

Has anyone heard any information on the West Coast Nationals? I am trying to schedule my vacation accordingly. Thanks Turbo6man

I talked to Jon a few weeks ago about this. The last I heard, the track wasn't being very cooperative. I know there's quite a few great people that attend, and have been very tolerant of the bad things that come up; but there's also some that are saying they will never return. So even if we get a date set, is it worth it? Looking at this post, it seems like +2 anyhow.
The website expires in June, and I don't know if I'll renew it or not. It switched providers and just has a generic welcome screen, until I get around to restoring my backup.

I really hope this event continues also... I look forward to it every year.

Even though we havent brought cars in the past (broken) :) Our little group of 5 always attend (have since the beginning).

This year we plan to bring 2 cars, and have started early so they will be ready...

I love this event....

I guess that makes +3. I called Jon a little bit ago and re-affirmed that it doesn't look like it's going to happen this year.
As many of you know there's this particular person that I can't stand that continually takes credit for WCN. Even within the last month, I've heard several people telling me that he was shooting his mouth off at a recent event. Who knows, maybe he'll try to return to glory and (using his words) "make this a real event."
Another person (that is 180 opposite of the last guy I mentioned) seemed like he was going to do every thing he could to help promote,etc. the next event and beyond (and since he is well liked in the Buick community, so I know he could). I haven't had a chance to talk with him to see what his thoughts are.
So basically, at this point, I'd say chances are fairly slim.

Damn, i like this event, i get to see a bunch of great wc guys.
This would be my 4th year,Get something done!

I'm with you here Otto! I love watching you turn wrenches while I drink beer :cool: Just kidding. I do really enjoy the bench racing, the BS sessions, and yes the beer. This event has been awesome in the past. The cars are great, the track is the nicest I've ever been to and the big names that attend are inspiring to the new fellas. Watching Helicker and Micale showing their tranny pans to the audience is something I just can't compare to watching up here. I am truly dissappointed to hear that the event looks unlikely. This is one event that the guys can bring the other half to that can go do a million other things while we live and breath C-16. Jack, I am really dissappointed but we gotta do what we gotta do I suppose.
Regards,
Jim

WCN OH well

Gee it must be fun for that guy to shot his mouth off, even in the off season these guys can't let it go, just got to keep digging. A they wonder why the event is in trouble. Oh well See everybody April 29, 2006 For the Buicks at (LACR) Los Angeles County Raceway, Race for both Turbo Cars and GS cars more info to come soon and a flyer.

See ya

Steve Hurst, President-BGNRA
http://www.bgnra.orghttp;//www.bgnra.org
Email hurstbuick@aol.comhurstbuick@aol.com :)

Wow, I see you're being yourself Steve. This makes what, the 4th time that someone has had some discussion about WCN over the years and you inject an ad for your crap, because you know it has a better chance of getting noticed here instead of a starting a new post???? Definitely won't see you there! I hope someone wins those raffle prizes.
Everyone, welcome to club S.H.I.T (Steve Hurst Is Talking)!

Not sure what the issue is with the track. They have us on the schedule for Sept. 30th. Go to www.lvms.com and check it out.
They'll give us our own staging lane, all we need to do is show up and go from there.

Scott i checked sept 30th
30 – Supra Saturday, VW Test ‘n’ Tune – 10 a.m.-4 p.m.

30 – Jerry’s Nugget Championship Drag Racing Series (No. 10 of 10) – 5-11 p.m.

Actually they have us for oct 15th
15 – OctoberFast ’06 – brackets, Top Comp Association, Buick GNs, Corvettes – 9 a.m.–5 p.m.

Otto, There must be two schedules floating around on that site. Here's the one I'm looking at:

09/30/2006 11:00am SUPER TUNER SATURDAY (Supras, Buicks, Super E, VW test) -- 11 a.m.-11 p.m.

10/01/2006 10:00am LAS VEGAS BUG-IN (track rental) -- All-VW drag racing, car show, swap meet -- 10 a.m.-5 p.m.

10/14/2006 09:00am Third annual Rockabilly Rod Reunion (www.rockabillyrodreunion.com) 9 a.m.-9 p.m. -- Hot rods, kool kustoms, bands, vendors, swap meet, DJ Flat-top Tom! Contact: jbisci@lvms.com

10/14/2006 10:00pm BFGoodrich Midnight Mayhem -- 10 p.m.-2 a.m. -- Info: (702) 632-8213

granatl said:
I talked to Jon a few weeks ago about this. The last I heard, the track wasn't being very cooperative. I know there's quite a few great people that attend, and have been very tolerant of the bad things that come up; but there's also some that are saying they will never return. So even if we get a date set, is it worth it? ..........

Have to agree with Jack 100%, last Fall they did not even relay to the track operating personnel that the "Buicks" would be there on Friday night and Saturday day.

After and hour or 2 of waiting in the parking lot, they were finally able to "accomodate" us in a small area by the FAR fence line. :(

It is a great event, with great people, and a fun time in the city. Just the race program sucks because of track indifference, in spite of all the hard work of the Las Vegas guys putting on the event.

Too bad we are not a "fun destination" city, as our local track would be willing to work with us for a weekend Buick race event.

Hell, Ill come to Arizona instead of Vegas this year,Theres gotta be something to do in Phoenix,HEck Dick Kereny lives there,Hes always fun to be around!

hurstbuick said:
Gee it must be fun for that guy to shot his mouth off, even in the off season these guys can't let it go, just got to keep digging. A they wonder why the event is in trouble. Oh well See everybody April 29, 2006 For the Buicks at (LACR) Los Angeles County Raceway, Race for both Turbo Cars and GS cars more info to come soon and a flyer.

See ya

Steve Hurst, President-BGNRA
http://www.bgnra.orghttp;//www.bgnra.org
Email hurstbuick@aol.comhurstbuick@aol.com :)
When you get a turn out of maybe three or four race cars and the president of the club doesn't even run his car just to participate , I don't even bother anymore and I live in Palmdale CA. That says something about your club.
Marty

Scott Atk said:

Hell, Ill come to Arizona instead of Vegas this year,Theres gotta be something to do in Phoenix,HEck Dick Kereny lives there,Hes always fun to be around!

At this rate Nick might have more then Indy to worry about :eek:

Dan
'86 GN

i would hate to see this event die. nick what would think of taking this over? i have not talk to john yet. but if its cool with him i would be glad to help all i can. i can contact the track and get a date. we need to keep this going.

Otto was correct. We are on the schedule for Oct. 15th.
Len, I seriously considered trying to take this on also, but, As you well know, it is VERY hard to be a racer and an organizer at the same time. I'm positive Alicia would be willing to help out quite a bit, and I'll help too in the preparation. I'm sure Jack would still be on board also. Let's Do It !!