You can type here any text you want

what 6x9s FOR SURE will fit without modifying the torsion bars?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
I'm sick of the guess work....my Pioneers fit, but I decided to go with something that would respond to amplifying. Which brand and part # of 6x9s do you know FOR A FACT fit in the rear deck with the adapters. Thanks a bunch!

I have the Polk EX series three way 6X9s with the Metra adapters. They fit without modification although snugly! I'm impressed with the sound of these speaks- rich yet warm without any tinniness (sp?). DX Polks might respond better to amplification as I'm running stock head unit with EX series. HTH.

Boston NX97s & metra 82-4000

The Boston NX97s will fit with the metra adapters without touching anything. You have to get over the size of the magnets though - they're tiny! They put out the bass much better than my bro's Infinity components (he concurs) which we couldn't believe. Top end is excellent, as it is with all Bostons.

I'm running a Coustic 481qe (clean 60wx4) to the 97s in the back and the 57s in the door, crossed over at around 200 in the front, full range in the rear. The 97s are 92dB efficient, so I've had to back the gain down to match the 90dB of the 57s in the doors. Almost perfect, just need to find the buzz in my drivers door.

Now if I could only find a head unit to mount in the trunk with a remote display, the invisible install would be complete!

Bostons

If you visit http://www.bostonacoustics.com/Dealers.asp you can find your nearest dealer and give them a listen. Most of the dealers will compete a bit, but the best prices seem to come up on ebay when a rogue dealer has been directed to stop selling them.

Hope this helps,

I had a pair of cerwin vega stealth series 6x9's for a little while before i got my sub and they sounded pretty darn good. i was amazed at the low frequency reproduction for a 6x9 without any distortion when i cranked em up. and loud they got. sure i had to finegle em in with that cheap metra wire holder cuz the magnet's big but the 15 mintues it takes is well worth it. (i just wish i wouldnt have sold them to my friend only for him to blow them by hooking them up wrong, what a duma$$) cruthcfield used to have em for 79 a pair but im sure they could be had even cheaper per ebay's prices. good luck.

any speakers will respond to amplification

the head units amp sucks in comparison to a quality 30x2 amp...

my boston acoustics FX5's sound about 5 million times better (and get way louder, cleaner) when put on an alpine 30x2 amp, compared to the pioneer premier's internal amp.

So with Metra adapters, the following 6x9's will fit withOUT modification to the torsion bars:

-Polk Audio EX369
-Boston NX97
-cerwin vega stealth series

Any other ones?

well the boston FX series 6x9s will fit too then, as will cadence CS6901's (i think thats the pn)

What about the 6x9 sony explodes? Are they total junk or what..they look pretty nice but never heard any..anyone know if they will fit with the adapters? Where do we get the adapters at?
Thanks,Brian

6x9 speakers

I have Kenwood 6x9's with Metra adapters and the fit. They are snug next to the torsion bar but I have no problems with it.

Back