You can type here any text you want

What am i leaving on the table?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rb68rr

Last night I ran:
60 ft 1.743
330 5.075
1/8 7.926
mph 85.86
1000 10.414
1/4 12.537
mph 104.72
This was with the combo listed below on 22 lbs of boost and timing set at 25/23. A/F ratio was 10.8-10.9 at the traps. Trying to see some 11's! Would leaning it out to 11.4-11.5 get me there by adding more boost or what? Thanks, R.B.

Last night I ran:
60 ft 1.743
330 5.075
1/8 7.926
mph 85.86
1000 10.414
1/4 12.537
mph 104.72
This was with the combo listed below on 22 lbs of boost and timing set at 25/23. A/F ratio was 10.8-10.9 at the traps. Trying to see some 11's! Would leaning it out to 11.4-11.5 get me there by adding more boost or what? Thanks, R.B.

Your sig says 91.5 mph . . . did you change something?
Are you running race gas? Alky?
Stock heads?
Any KR on the run?
Trans slipping?

Post the DS log. :cool:

The 91.5 mph was from last year at a different track. I believe I ran 25 lbs of boost that night, can't remember! Haven't had any changes since then. Running 112 race gas, no knock, tranny ok and stock heads. No ds files. I was attemting to lean it out when the track closed. Considering my combo, can you take a guess at how much more horsepower it would make leaning it out to maybe 11.4 on the wideband?

........... Considering my combo, can you take a guess at how much more horsepower it would make leaning it out to maybe 11.4 on the wideband?

It would be foolish for me to speculate on the results/benefit.
Only one way to know for sure, but it may be easier on a dyno than the track, to see the results.

with the race gas,10.8 is too rich and 22 psi is to low.i think you should add more boost then bring in the timing.car is low on mph,what converter is in the car?

Forgot the brand name. 3000-3200 stall. I attempted to raise the boost but would not go any higher! Believe I need a new HD acuator! Is there a spring or something that can go bad in them?

Forgot the brand name. 3000-3200 stall. I attempted to raise the boost but would not go any higher! Believe I need a new HD acuator! Is there a spring or something that can go bad in them?

Your puck might not be sealing....

I agree with above.... as long as you are running good gas..... cut the boost up a lb or two.... then see where you are with your AFR. If you are still running stock heads.... it is going to take some boost to get there.... sneak up on it..... baby steps..... I wouldn't be scared to work up to 28-30 with that turbo and good gas on a stock headed engine..... Once it doesn't make any more MPH by adding boost.... stop... and reevaluate.... why....

My combo is similar. I went 12.63 at 109 with a 1.97 60'. Cold tires and "0" boost launch. Fished-tailed off the starting line. 2nd run wasnt better, 12.66 at 108.7. Tranny starting up and car is at Janis Transmissions as we speak. I am at 24lbs with ALKY. Vince said tranny slipping was causing me a few tenths, so I am looking with 12 flats or better when it is fixed and I actually use my transbrake to launch. My 60's should be about 1.6 I would hope. I will also go to about 27lbs. I am stock, unopened motor.

:biggrin:

Looks like you have alot of camshaft without the heads or turbo to support it. Maybe a little too much converter also. What is the slip percentage?

I used to run 12.20@ 108 all day long with an unopened motor, TA-49, 36# inj, stock converter with 100 octane and 20psi. Just get your combo matched and you should be flying.:smile:

Your eighth to quarter pick up is not good. Id look into why.

Ron,

you're running way too fat and need to learn how to 60ft.

Didn't you once buy some slicks from me?

Back