What Bolt Size Do I Need At The Compressor Housing Mount?

turbogimp

So check this out I was out cruzing doing a little tuning tonight and during the last run which was going very well. At about the 1000 ft mark the turbo started to sound different. I didn't think much about it Because the car was running fine. Then I stopped at the stop sign and she wanted to stall out. I thought for sure that I blew the turbo to intake O-rings so quickly got it home and looked my car over and found out that it wasn't that. What Bolt Size Do I Need At The Compressor Housing Mount because it's there anymore?
Missing Bolt.jpg

This happened to me once. There is not a bolt here but rather a stud with a lock nut. My guess is that it is stripped which is why the compresser popped it out. It has the same threads as the studs for the throttle body. You really need to pull the turbo and fix it the right way. Good luck. brad

Thanks Brad. I was afraid of that.
Novaderrik I didn't one there when I first got the car and kept popping the turbo to intake o-rings. I installed the bracket and that problem went away. Im not sure if you have ever had that problem but, if you do get one. It helps.

Thanks everyone

Well I found the stud on the other side of the engine and luckly it just backed out. all fixed now.