You can type here any text you want

What brakes...?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PSID6

I want to upgrade My drum brakes on my GN to the better S 10 pads and wheel cylinders. Question is what year do I specify when ordering these parts and Do I also need to specify S 10 specific hardware or stock Regal stuff?

84 S10 wheel cylinders. Make sure they are the 7/8" bore, not the 3/4". It will say on the parts store computer screen. The shoes are not S10 specific, you need 2 sets of brake shoes for a regal, and use the 4 long shoes, throw away the short ones. All hardware works.

If you specify that you want 84 s10 wheel cylinders with manual brakes you will get the 7/8 wheel cylinders.

Might want to check the price of a chain store vs gbody parts. Idk if it would be cheaper or not but no point in buying 2 sets of shoes if you can get the kit for gbody cheaper

Yea G body's kit is a little more expensive but it comes with the upgraded stainless brake lines. Worth the money I think.

Back