You can type here any text you want

what CDplayers work out-the-box for our cars?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nero

long title, but basically the question
i want a CD player... nothing super duper fancy top dollar, just something that'll play CDs-- MP3 compatibility would be nice, but not a necessity.

I would like to purchase a unit and install it as to not worry about the installation fees... but the catch is; i'm pretty bad with wires.

the bottom line:

anyone know any in-dash headunits that's a simple plug-n-play setup, where at the worst i'd have to buy a seperate adapter??

thankssssssssssssssss

let's keep it frugal :D :D

most major companies have MP3 units in thier line-up, and lately, prices on them are getting more affordable with the popularity of digital music. Circut city sells adapters that are literally plug, plug, and play. but the catch is, only for radio brands they sell. the kit is childrens work to put together. anyone that can drive a car can put a kit together. even then so, all aftermarket wires are universal colors, so you really just have to connect and insulate. hope that helps a little bit.

Hes right, its really simple for these cars. You dont have to worry about anti theft, weird kits or mounting or anything like that.

You will need basic wiring tools to do it, but nothing special. The wiring kits are basically a connector that takes the factory plug, and has several colored wires out. The plug that will come with your CD player will have the same color wires coming from it. Just read the directions and its just a case of connecting the same colored wires. Just follow the directions and you will do fine. Even the wiring functions for the stock radio are stamped into the case (on the top I think).

Back