You can type here any text you want

What chip to run with MSD 50's??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blue t-type

Last year I switched from Blue tops to MSD 50's. I had my RA93 chip upgraded for the 50 psi injectors (I know RA does not like these injectors). Ever since this modification the car is slower. I was consistantly running 12.1 at 110 on 94 octaine pump gas with the blue tops & now the fastest I have gone is 12.5 at 106 mph with the MSD 50's. I know there are people running good on the MSD 50's.

What street chips are you guys running? Please post 1/4 mile times!

I changed injectors because I could not get enough fuel with the Blue tops had base fuel pressure turned up to around 55 psi to run those time posted with no knock & o2's ain the .770 range. I would like the car to run in the high 11's on pump gas.

see signature for modifications.

Thanks

Originally posted by blue t-type
Last year I switched from Blue tops to MSD 50's. I had my RA93 chip upgraded for the 50 psi injectors (I know RA does not like these injectors). Ever since this modification the car is slower. I was consistantly running 12.1 at 110 on 94 octaine pump gas with the blue tops & now the fastest I have gone is 12.5 at 106 mph with the MSD 50's. I know there are people running good on the MSD 50's.

What street chips are you guys running? Please post 1/4 mile times!

I changed injectors because I could not get enough fuel with the Blue tops had base fuel pressure turned up to around 55 psi to run those time posted with no knock & o2's ain the .770 range. I would like the car to run in the high 11's on pump gas.

see signature for modifications.

Thanks

If you were running 12.1's with the Blue Tops, it's not surprising you had to crank up the fuel pressure to get them to run down the track :eek:

But as far as your chip choices go for the 50's, well your choices are almost endless (except Red). All the vendors have great MSD50 chips to choose from.

I so not see anything so extravagent with your combination that most any chip couldn't work with. My friend Jim Testa has a 50 pound chip that he is real proud of, right Jim?:)

Back