You can type here any text you want

What disc/disc MC and prop valve?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1Badelky

first I should ask, what is the point of swapping the MC? I know the prop valve need to be changed to actuate how much fluid goes to the brakes. but what does the MC have to do with that?

I'm using ls1 brakes up front, and lt1 brakes in the rear.

can I just bolt up the MC and valve from a camaro/firebird?

I'm thinking I need 98-02 parts because matching the front brakes makes more sense than matching the rear...

or should I use 89-92 or 93-97 stuff for a 4 wheel disc car?

Are you having problems with your vacuum set up on your car?? I run vacuum brakes on my car from a Monte and have no problems. I do have an adjustable porportioning valve for the rears and have the fronts tied in directly. I would think you would be fine with your stock MC as long as it is in good working condition.

I'm using a stock master with 12in b-body front brakes and blazer rear disks. I also removed the combo/prop valve and t-eed the fronts and added an adj prop valve. I know forsure there are 4 different sized masters that are direct bolton. 7/8, 26mm(.950), 1in and 1.125(b-body). I tried 3 of them to find one that worked best on my car.

Yeah I say try it with what you have and see how she feels. Put an adjustable valve in for the rears and tee the fronts! You shouldnt have any problems!

it's not that I'm against the adjustable valve, I just prefer a setup as close to production as possible.

Must edit 24mm is .950.

Napa lists an 98+ f-body had a 1.0in bore.

A 80 g-body diesel with hydroboost had a 1.0in bore.

So I've learned some stuff. The 4th gen f-bodies don't have a PV, but the prop valve only affects the rear brakes anyway. the fronts are controlled by your foot.

so knowing this. can I use either the 1LE or a 98-up Blazer Prop valve? both have rear disc.

and since the front brakes will be bigger than stock, should I use a 4th gen MC?

Back