what do you guys think of this MOD..

wiked87gn

Banned
what benefits can be gained by changing to this cover, are there any pros and cons to doing this mod, check out this cover i can get them for around $150.00 each, I have heard that covers like this make the trannie oil slush and created bubbles is there any truth to this.. lets see your input, follow link for cover description and picture..

http://www.yourcovers.com/tp_9917.shtml

Just a couple of random thoughts. I'm not a tranny expert, but I play one on TV...

In my mind, the biggest problem with the stock 200-4R pan and filter is that the pick-up grabs oil from the TOP of the pan. I believe that's why some racers recommend that you overfill your 200-4R transmission by a quart or so. With violent acceleration, braking, turning, etc. it's not hard to imagine that the pick-up can become uncovered and "suck air" for short periods as the fluid sloshes around.

This pan does nothing to solve this issue. My personal, humble opinion is that you should spend a little more money and get a pan and pickup kit that draws fluid from the bottom of the pan. If it has extra capacity to keep the fluid cooler, and to keep the fluid level in the pan deeper, then so much the better.

My $0.02. Others may disagree.

I've heard that a deeper pan allows you to use the 700R4 filter which sucks from the bottom.

I have heard the same thing, any truth to this, other please chime in..

Originally posted by Shane
I've heard that a deeper pan allows you to use the 700R4 filter which sucks from the bottom.

Originally posted by wiked87gn
I have heard the same thing, any truth to this, other please chime in..

Yes you can, but I believe you need to build standoffs to keep the filter off the floor of the pan. I wonder about the 4L60E filter. The opening is like double the size of a 700 filter....