What Do You Think Of This PCV Elimination Theory

The added vacuum will pull the fuel right past the rings. It will mix with the oil and wont boil off. Ive seen it myself. Setup had 8 inches of vacuum.

Please keep in mind these engines were race engines that were built to run with a vacuum setup. Not one that was thrown on there to control oil leaks or blow by.

eh? Why would oil get contaminated with fuel when running a vacuum in the crankcase? Any fuel that gets in there will boil off a lot easier at vacuum than it will at atmospheric pressure, so I don't get this.

John

I would theorize that the 5-8"Hg crankcase vacuum is stronger than the vacuum in the cylinder on the intake stroke, thus pulling fresh fuel/air past the rings during the intake stroke. (not likely to happen under boost, but is likely to happen at other times)

I would theorize that the 5-8"Hg crankcase vacuum is stronger than the vacuum in the cylinder on the intake stroke, thus pulling fresh fuel/air past the rings during the intake stroke. (not likely to happen under boost, but is likely to happen at other times)
I made a few more phone calls. On an NA Windsor engine a friend ran 14-16 inches of vacuum and it made peak power in that range. He picked up nearly 30hp at the wheels in that vacuum range. Pulls a lot of fuel in the crankcase though.