You can type here any text you want

What do you Like About your B4 Black Cars?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
What do you like about them... the sound, the exhaust, having to pump the gas, the gas mileage, bragging rights, rarity, NO ONE knows what it is....

I dont have a B4B car per say.....

but im a B4B hybrider.

only one reason I like the carb turbo system soooooo much.

if you outrun anybody with it- you just smash hearts. nobody likes to admit to loosing to a carb turbo. atleast not in my area! and if you can do it with antique outdated equipment.... they quickly learn to not mess with you.

:biggrin:A.j.:biggrin:

Yep....:biggrin:

Old technology versus new technology, (it's an old battle ground). Why is it that at a personal level, for me, it always comes back to that issue. Old music versus new music, old values versus new values....so on and so forth. Must be an age thing....:p :frown:

Despite the peoblems like not running good in the cold, worring about detonation, and workin with something that has almost no aftermarket support it is a nice engine.

MPG is in the low 20's with a carb, theres decent power, its not something everyone has like an SBC, the other owners are friendly, and it doesnt take a hole lot to make respectable power. Its more in the tune and the $20 stuff.

I dont have a B4B car per say.....

but im a B4B hybrider.

only one reason I like the carb turbo system soooooo much.

if you outrun anybody with it- you just smash hearts. nobody likes to admit to loosing to a carb turbo. atleast not in my area! and if you can do it with antique outdated equipment.... they quickly learn to not mess with you.

:biggrin:A.j.:biggrin:

Despite the peoblems like not running good in the cold, worring about detonation, and workin with something that has almost no aftermarket support it is a nice engine.

MPG is in the low 20's with a carb, theres decent power, its not something everyone has like an SBC, the other owners are friendly, and it doesnt take a hole lot to make respectable power. Its more in the tune and the $20 stuff.

Both of you are right but I will add that the challenge is what got me going on the design. No one has really tried to go past 12.9 in the quarter with any kind of success. I want to break that barrier and not just break it, blow it away. If I can get 1 second lower than the last record then I'll be the only one that's done it, and with some very old technology to boot.:biggrin:

I like all of your guys post's.
I love the Simplicity!!! and the puzzled looks on faces because no-one really knows what I've got, or how the performance I get can come from a little engine that don't rev high,

Even better is to do it N/A. It is priceless seeing people's faces when I open the hood at the track. It is especially fun when the buddies are around. "Dude, you just got spanked by a V6! It doesn't even have a turbo!" It makes me giggle everytime. And even if you do run across a bigger gun they are still impressed you were at least close. I hate following the crowd so this suites me perfectly.

Even better is to do it N/A. It is priceless seeing people's faces when I open the hood at the track. It is especially fun when the buddies are around. "Dude, you just got spanked by a V6! It doesn't even have a turbo!" It makes me giggle everytime. And even if you do run across a bigger gun they are still impressed you were at least close. I hate following the crowd so this suites me perfectly.

LOL I remember those days in my old Skyhawk. The car would rock back and forth at idle and when I'd lift the hood I'd always have a sucker telling me "I can beat that thing". The look on their face at the end was priceless to say the least.:biggrin:

too funny.

Great little engine and is way more cool and unique than the typical sbc.

Back