You can type here any text you want

What does this SOUND like?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

85 Riviera

Trans is a 325-4L with a D5 converter (which is basicly a FWD verson of the 200-4R except the pump is more like the th350).

The sound I am getting can only really be heard while its in gear. And under a slight load. It sounds kinda like a ticking sound of a really bad lifter, except its coming from the trans.

Its best heard at speeds about 35 to 45 with a steady cruise or a little more, but can be heard at any speed as long as the engine load is slight and the RPM's between 1600 to 2200.

I can also be heard if I have someone put the car in drive, hold the brake hard and give the car throttle (against the stall).

It does not tick in N or P... and it doesnt do it at idle. Im confused :confused:

Anyway got any ideas?

I would have said CV joints, except you hear it at stall? Does it tick all the time during stall? Drive chain maybe?

I thought the same at first. So I got under the car and checked the torque convertor bolts and flywheel. Both checked out to be ok. I was hoping to find loose bolts :confused:

Back