You can type here any text you want

What Drag Radial Is Everyone Using

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

20psiofevil

And what is the best 60'? I'm in the market and wanted to get feedback from other turbo v6.

I really dont think that you can go wrong with the MT's or Hoosiers. I have both but no true times on the Hoosiers ( car build in process). The 275/ 60 will definitely take us as fast as we will ever want to go.

MT's.What size wheel are you running and are they for the Mustang in your signature?

MT's.What size wheel are you running and are they for the Mustang in your signature?
Yeah. Installed Strange 10 way shocks this weekend and currently on 275 40 17 nt05r on heavy chrome bullet rims. Every single pass I've made I've had to let out of the throttle 20-30' out because it either spins or the ass starts to hop. I'm going with a cheap set of summit brand 15" rims don't know what width but probably 8" so I can run a 275. I'm open to suggestions though.

Go with the Mickey PRO'S!!!!!.........................you can drive them on the street ,I DO and the are the BEST!!!!

I have regular Mickeys on another set of rims and used to swap................. now i just leave them on

DONT DRIVE IN THE RAIN!!!!

275 60 15

Yeah. Installed Strange 10 way shocks this weekend and currently on 275 40 17 nt05r on heavy chrome bullet rims. Every single pass I've made I've had to let out of the throttle 20-30' out because it either spins or the ass starts to hop. I'm going with a cheap set of summit brand 15" rims don't know what width but probably 8" so I can run a 275. I'm open to suggestions though.

Crager soft 8's for about $60 each - http://www.summitracing.com/parts/c...DUBUOkYdSJIfvYllEWiSMUFLMnBFRWjHMyn2NZ8PD_BwE

completely stock suspension with air bags, 18psi in right 9 in left, foot brake on vacuum. MT ET 255/60/15 - with 15-16 psi in tires

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 179
For street and track use I would use the M/T Drag Radial..... For all out performance at the track I would use the M/T Pro drag radial....

Thanks for all the info! I'm leaning towards the 275-60 pro's or 255-60-15 et street. How consistent are the 255's and what is the technique for heating them up?

Giving 60's from a track that's laden with VHT isn't a true testament to anything. I can cut a good 60' when it's 80 out, 20psi in the tire and an inch of VHT on the track with factory tires. That's not a good measure. How do they grip on concrete with no VHT, 32psi in, and it's 65 degrees out?

How do they grip on concrete with no VHT, 32psi in, and it's 65 degrees out?

Becuase concrete has texture (like sand paper) race tracks generally have a much smoother surface so they requires a compound of some kind to make things work.

Its not generally the adhesives that make a track work however it is the cleanliness of the racing surface that makes a bigger difference. Regular street tires are a race track worst nightmare.

Then instead of super cleaning the surface, why do they spray VHT's grip enhancer stuff all over it then?

To aid in the traction.... spray all the VHT or VP u want on a track, if there is grass, cig butts, dirt, small gravel, etc... it will only work for the first few pairs of cars, otherwise it will create a bald spot where the car launches and ur done... take ur car out on any road and hit it with the transbrake or a hard launch and see if it will dead hook.....

Then instead of super cleaning the surface, why do they spray VHT's grip enhancer stuff all over it then?
They do scrape them before big events. Then put down more vht. The setup of the car determines how it will react. We have 9 sec power here and use it all on the street. One of the cars ran 6.30 last Friday and it was launched off vacuum and the same way it is on the street. If you want your car to hook on the street you need to really think about how the power is applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back