You can type here any text you want

What fans are u guys using with front mounts?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ttypewhite

As the ad says. I still have the stock fan in my car but recently upgraded to a RJC front mount over my prevoius PTE. I don't have AC in the car anymore so what fan/fans are you guys using, and with what results?The fan how ever can not be big and bulky cause I think I have about 3" to play with before it hits the intercooler pipe.
Pics and links would be nice.
BTW, I am not looking for suggestions from guys who have not run these, I need actual factual stuff from guys running what ever fan they are reccomending. No woulda shoulda stuff. MUST be street driven cars that get in stop and go traffic with temps in the mid to high 90's in the summertime. Thanks in advance.

I use dual Spals with a Caspers wiring harness. With my PTE front mount, no AC, and 90 degree temps...my car doesn't get over 180 in stop and go traffic. I got mine from ebay, I found it the cheapest there.

But my intercooler pipe barely touches the fan motor. And no matter how much I try to adjust the pipe it ends up touching the fan motor after a drive. The thickness on the Spal fans is just over 3.5"...so that may not be an option for you. I am thinking of going with a Flexalite low profile fan from Summit-
Flex-a-lite 220 - Flex-a-lite Low Profile Electric Fans - summitracing.com
It's only 2.625" thick and has the same flow cfm as the Spals.

Stock fan with CAS V1 front mount. Temperature has not been a problem in central NC w/ Air Conditioning running!
Conrad

I run the dual fan setup with a Dequick front mount along with an aluminum radiator, however the radiator was a much better upgrade than the fans. Cruising and racing on a summer night with the stock radiator the dual fans would run for a long time in the garage after shutdown, with the after market radiator the fans never run after shutdown.

I guess I should mention that I an also running an aluminum radiator (CAS Street radiator) and an ATR radiator sealing kit (keeps air from going around the radiator). Tranny cooler is mounted horizontally in front of the passenger side wheelwell with its' own SPAL fan (FWIW, turning the SPAL fan on or off has no impact on the tranny oil temperature!). Tranny temp has not been an issue.
Conrad

Powerstroke front mount intercooler, F-Body radiator, dual fan setup that Gbodyparts.com sells with the Caspers plug and play harness, 160 * thermostat, and water wetter. In stop and go traffic in the middle of summer in KY last year temps never got over 168.

First off with a FM a two row single pass is the best. A two row 3 pass is pretty good but you will need a high flow H2O.

Currently I have a two row single pass with a V2, no AC, and stock fan. It runs 190° in hot weather. Typically runs about 175-180°. I'm about to install a Spal dual fan setup, I'll let you know how it works. IMO a good radiator b4 a dual fan setup.

I have a 4 core Griffin aluminum rad in the car with the stock fan. I drove it around this weekend. I think I am good. Didn't get over 175 degrees, even after giving her some s h i t.

Powerstroke front mount intercooler, F-Body radiator, dual fan setup that Gbodyparts.com sells with the Caspers plug and play harness, 160 * thermostat, and water wetter. In stop and go traffic in the middle of summer in KY last year temps never got over 168.

You saved me some writing lol. Exact same setup here. Even in the 100+ degree summers it might hit 170 if I drive it hard but cools right back down to 160ish.

The biggest problem with 3+ row radiators is the increase in gaps between the rows. More gaps creates more air turbulence (the air does not pull the heat away as well).

I have a 4 core Griffin aluminum rad in the car with the stock fan. I drove it around this weekend. I think I am good. Didn't get over 175 degrees, even after giving her some s h i t.

If it aint broke don't fix it.;)

New Cotton's FMIC
New 3 core Monte Carlo SS Radiator
Ramcharger fans Racetronic's wiring
New AC condenser
I'm running 160-167 F max
But we have only hit 80F in traffic on those days

Sooo... 190-205 is not good then :biggrin:

Might just be time for a Fan upgrade, seems the Chrysler fans from the bone yard just ain't getting it done.

it runs 205 in traffic after a while, and 190 on a real hard pull

Running a single row inch and a quarter wide aluminum rad, then a LARGE Permacool trans cooler, then the Cotton front mount with a single spal fan..190-195 has been the max in a HOT Carolina summer.

Attachments

• buick 11-4-05 001.jpg
    buick 11-4-05 001.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 232
Back