What goes thru you head when you see a guy Driving...

• Thread starter AsphaltAnihil8r
  • Start date
I think the old bugs were kind of cool. I remember seeing one do 10s. That was pretty neat. The new ones look like they have a dumb grin on them and I don't care too much for them. I liked to look of the old GTIs. I had a Ford Fiesta that had the GTI engine in it. It was pretty dam fun to drive. A think the new Eclipses and Tiberons are weenie cars.

i think damn i better have race gas in and some decent traction! this bug is mean!

i have a buddy w/ a black on black 99 VW turbo beetle w/ the 1.8 turbo motor, with ALOT of work done!

built 2.0 ltr block, HUGE SUPRA single turbo SIZE turbo, front mount and all the stuff that goes w/ it.

if he ever getts it runing right it will be a friggan FAST ride. looks bad ass too w/ the front mount, lowered on some black O-Z superlegra's:cool:

Men that drive the newer bugs had a former life as a damn Hippie.

Now they have no hair and can still put flowers on the dash!! Yuck:rolleyes:

man i dont know about you guys but i woudlnt mind a 1.8T golf as a daily driver.. a guy around here has one that puts down around 450hp..

My 'source of transportation' here in Germany is a VW Golf... Like mid 80s or so. As someone said, the GTIs are cool, but the Golf I have is just PATHETIC in the power department. The way I see it, it runs, actually pretty reliable after I replaced a few parts. I'm not going to go investing in a new car here when I'll be moving fairly soon, back to America and back to the Buick. So what I think of what people think of me driving that car doesn't bother me. I know what's in my other garage. :)

Although, I can say, as much as I rag on that thing it doesn't break much. But then again, with 52 hp, I guess it's hard to break things. As far as the newer Golfs, I've driven several when I've had to rent them. Pretty solid car, I like the whistle of the TDI turbo and it actually killed a lot of my stereotypes of the diesels. For here, they're OK. But if I had the money, I'd run down to my local (not too many around here) chevy dealership and pick up a 'Vette. :)

As for the new Bug. No thanks.

IMO another chick car would be a Suzuki Samari or Geo Tracker. I would feel gay driving any of those....

James

Originally posted by TRBON8R
When I see a guy driving anything with the VW name on it I figure he must squat when he pees.

And if he isn't gay, I figure he is probably some p-whipped sap on the way to the store to buy some tampons for his wife.

I agree IF he is driving a new bug....but not when driving all VW's, some are nice and are no way only "chick" cars.

They may not be fast in a straight line but I would like to find ONE buick on here that can keep up with me through the twisties in this:
fc184ae0.jpg

fb064ae9.jpg

2250#
81 hp
102 ft tq

YEAH BABY! :D

Originally posted by 87regal

They may not be fast in a straight line but I would like to find ONE buick on here that can keep up with me through the twisties in this:
fc184ae0.jpg

fb064ae9.jpg

2250#
81 hp
102 ft tq

YEAH BABY! :D

Ok, here is one, and I know he is a member here also. :)

hotrodbuick

What a bunch of phobes! :D

Look jerky, just because you don't like them, it doesn't mean that we are sissies. (at least my wife, who was a hooters chick btw, doesn't think I'm a sissy). I have a show winning light blue 1973 VW convertible, drove it for 6 years as a daily driver, and WE have been jonesing to get a new one that matches. I'll even put a fresh flower in the dash vase. HA! Get over it.

For those with the Jetta remark, I also had a GLI 16V. While certainly not the most powerful car around, that car was prolly as much fun as the my T. It is among the best handling cars I have ever driven. With TIGHT suspension, low profile tires and original Recaro seats, that car fit like a glove. I didn't have to slow for corners, just twitch the wheel. I scared MANY passengers with my confident high-speed antics that I wouldn't DREAM of attempting in my Buick. I even had hard-core car guys reaching for a handle to hold while I threw that car around with a grin.

Rant over.
Yeah, New Beetles are generally girlie cars. But how does the saying go, "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar" ?;)

Re: What do you think

Originally posted by lager68
Now you wanna' see the ultimate "chick car" ??? That would be the Honda Del Sol. Man, I would rather walk than drive one of them !!!

ROTFL! Actually, the Toyota Paseo is worse than the Del Sol. We call it the Puseo. (Can I say that without getting edited? :D )

almost 500 hits and only 1 sissy on board ,,guess there has to one in 500:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Originally posted by AsphaltAnihil8r
almost 500 hits and only 1 sissy on board ,,guess there has to one in 500:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
oh wait ,,my bad almost 600 hits and only one FREAKIN well you know......................... ;)

I think it either better be his mom's or his girlfriend's/wife's or he must be a major queer. I once saw a guy driving one with all stuffed animals in the back. What a misguided homo! :D

What do you think

So if a women drives a GN or some other form of transportation deemed acceptable by those luddites on this board, then she of course must be a lesbian, no ??? :confused:

Re: What do you think

Originally posted by lager68
So if a women drives a GN or some other form of transportation deemed acceptable by those luddites on this board, then she of course must be a lesbian, no ??? :confused:

DUH,
of COURSE she's not a lesbo. its called a double standard.

all i know is that when i think of chicks driving GN's i think
:D

and when i think of guys driving jetta's w/ stuffed anmals in the window i think :rolleyes:

What's to get over. A car with a vase built in? Just what part of San Francisco is that put together in. Old hippies with design degrees building a retro of a death trap. That isn't something to get over, it's something to forget. Power to the people. wow, flash backs. Mark:D :D :D