You can type here any text you want

What have U guys done for traction ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lynn D. Brown

The traction on my TTA has always sucked. When I used to race in the past -hardly any tracks left in SoCal - I would typically spin for at least 50 yards.

I put on the Spohn traction bar and lowered the rear lower arms and have an adjustable panhard. Still not very good - maybe I need new tires. What size can we stuff back there ?

Anything else ? I hesitate to go putting in a bunch of HP if I can't get any traction

try these for your 16" rims:
MandHTires.com

+1, 1.76 60 ft. 7 psi launch, did not let any out of the tires either. Drove the car 50 miles, registered at the track entrance, drove straight to the line and it hooked pretty good. They will also spin too if you get aggressive. Great for a street car IMO.

I'm buying those 2 rims w Hoosier DR's on them, and Rich said to turn the pinion angle down 2° and that would help. Don't know what that might do to tire wear however.

I usually get 1.6-low 1.7 60' just with a 255/50/16 MT DR. The Hoosier should do the same.

Pinion angle does not effect tire wear at all. to much ot to little can cause u-joint bind, but you would have to be way off for that.

Well, today I adjusted the Spohn traction for 2° down, I hope I got it turned the right direction. Took ~ 12-14 turns (flats) on the adjusting nut. Not that easy to do because U can't get under the car to do it w/o jacking it up. But I think I have 2-3° in one direction anyway.

With the angle meter facing the Pass side. the meter is now counterclockwise 2-3°. Does that sound like the right direction ?

Also what have U guys done to put an exhaust clamp back in there ? The Spohn bar removes the stock clamp and it now hangs kinda low.

I also centered the car w my Spohn adj Panhard. I found that it was ~ 3/8" off. Took ~ 10 turns clockwise looking at the Drivers side. Seems like the traction is better, but we'll see once I get more road time. Still can't hold much boost w/o spinning, but then the rear tires are kinda old.

Back