You can type here any text you want

What heads to buy... and how soon can I have them ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Do the heads you bought have EGR??

I was told by TA they DO NOT have EGR provisions.

If someone else can confirm this, it would make me happy.

I was told by the same guy that my Harland Sharps would work on the SI heads... but right on the TA website I found:

"TA V3850 Street Intimidator (SI) heads require either a stock stamped steel rocker or our TA V1309SI series rockers. Roller rockers for stock heads do not line up perfectly with thevalve tip. The stock steel rocker has a much wider footprint than a roller, for this reason they are compatible with the SI heads. Roller rockers for production heads can be made to work if the rocker spacing is adjusted."

I don't want to be fvcking around with rocker spacers and shims on a brand new set of rockers.
I have the HS rockers sold... and will order the correct (SI specific) T&D rockers from TA tomorrow.

I was told by TA they DO NOT have EGR provisions.

If someone else can confirm this, it would make me happy.

I was told by the same guy that my Harland Sharps would work on the SI heads... but right on the TA website I found:

"TA V3850 Street Intimidator (SI) heads require either a stock stamped steel rocker or our TA V1309SI series rockers. Roller rockers for stock heads do not line up perfectly with thevalve tip. The stock steel rocker has a much wider footprint than a roller, for this reason they are compatible with the SI heads. Roller rockers for production heads can be made to work if the rocker spacing is adjusted."

I don't want to be fvcking around with rocker spacers and shims on a brand new set of rockers.
I have the HS rockers sold... and will order the correct (SI specific) T&D rockers from TA tomorrow.
You will need to get different spacers or shorten some of yours and use extra washers.

You will need to get different spacers or shorten some of yours and use extra washers.

Yep... that's pretty much what I figured.

Since they were brand new/unused I decided to just sell them at a small loss, instead of modifying a perfectly good set of new rockers.

TA Performance has rockers made specific to the TA SI heads, so I will get a set of those ordered instead. :cool:

I will go with the 1.65's, provided TA can put the correct valvesprings on the heads.

I decided to order the bigger Champion intake today anyway.

I can use the heads and intake on future/bigger/faster builds and won't need to buy them again.

I ordered the intake with two short rails so I can use an external regulator.

I'm also removing the entire factory fuel system to replace it with an aluminum fuel cell, A1000 pump and braided lines.

I know the factory stuff makes power... but I'm tired of dealing with 20+ year old parts. I like fancy race parts on my hot rods. :D

Back