What is a used GNX engine, transmission, ECM, wiring harness worth?

Its worth whatever someone will pay for it just like anything else that's how. I'll take every one of your NOS shortblocks off your hands for $2500 each. How's that for being realistic? You obviously have no concept of the value of certain items. A gnx turbo with the ceramic wheel is probably worth more than your GN drivetrain.

What would you pay for a stock GN block with stock bottom end? I have one. Are you interested? I'll take the top half of the motor back off and sell you the bottom end. If I don't get a reasonable offer then I'm going to rebuild the bottom end and keep it. I already have the top end as you can see (Champion aluminum heads, 218 hydr cam, T-D rockers and Champion ported intake) I had another motor built for me so I don't have much use for this one. At least not at the moment. I would prefer to piece out the entire motor. Or at least the parts that are of significant value. Let me know if you're interested.

-Chris-

Attachments

• 137.JPG
    137.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 188
  • 131.JPG
    131.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 182
Well what it really boils down to, is it REAL GNX , what shape is it all in ? mileage, just how complete is this set up, ect. ?
Real GNX turbo $1500 to $3000
Real GNX intercooler $450 to $750
Real GNX turbo heat shield $500 to $750
Nobody's mentioned the special coated up pipe ? Probably more rare than the other pieces. $150 to $250
You do the math !!
Low side - $2600
High side - $4750

Now you still have the special calibrated trans. & a long block plus, ??

If it doesn't come with the car (GNX) how is it worth more money then a GN drive train? Because the turbo has a "ceramic" wheel? Who cares, it's old technology! I apologize if I sound condescending but one must be realistic. I have my stock motor and my stock tranny (BRF) I'll take 4k for them any day! ANY DAY..... I'll even hand deliver them. I just took them out and they're both sitting in a trailer. Probably have to pay someone to take the tranny and the motor I'm going to rebuild it because it's worth nothing as it sits right now. But if someone out there wants to give me 4k for them I'll be more then happy to take your money. God knows I need it... I'm so poor I can't pay attention.... Used to be able to get a brand new short block thru GM for $1,500.
Ok....your not interested in it....so be it. To shrug it off as "old technology" and "lets be realistic"...you just showed your lack of understanding about very rare items. If your sitting on that drivetrain and someone buys a high mile GNX who's parts were replaced or damaged....Advance Auto isn't going to be able to do shit for them. They are going to search and search for the "very rare items" that make the car correct. "New Technology" don't mean shit. There are still plenty of cars running 45a's and old 70's that will kick the shit outta some cars with all the latest and greatest.
The way you talk....I should just toss away my items I have for the 64-65 Super Stock Mopars. They only made a couple 100 of those cars, and the parts aren't worth anything to another car. I must have lucked out selling a set of 65 Plymouth hubcaps for $1000, and the aluminum K-member for $5000...to a guy building a "clone" only.
In 20 more years....those GNX parts will fetch HUGE $$$....to make a clone or restore a real car back from the dead.
Example....correct part number 4 speed for a 70 Cuda....$7500 all day long....in non working condition.

Tell him to put it on eBay and spread the word around

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hell, there's a guy hear that is REALLY into 67 - 69 Camaros that just sold one of those VERY RARE factory off set two 4's complete with air cleaner and linkage for $25,000 YES Twenty Five Thousand Dollars. He actually has a parts room with shelf after shelf of NOS 67 - 69 Camaro parts.

Hell, there's a guy hear that is REALLY into 67 - 69 Camaros that just sold one of those VERY RARE factory off set two 4's complete with air cleaner and linkage for $25,000 YES Twenty Five Thousand Dollars. He actually has a parts room with shelf after shelf of NOS 67 - 69 Camaro parts.

that was Charlie Lillard, wasn't it?

anything related to the crossram setup is worth a lot of money... a factory 69 crossram cowl induction hood is also worth a lot, but the real valuable stuff is the 67-68 air cleaner setups that got the cold air from a hole cut above the heater box..

so, yeah, rare parts for rare cars are worth a lot of money to the right people.

I wonder if it's from one of the "FBI" GNXs I pieced the drivetrains out of. ?? Get the vin and Ill check it against my cars .
(y)

Wow....this got silly.
547 cars, 547 engines. That number has gotten considerably smaller since 87'. $4k is a steal if verified.

Tell him I've got an M21 Muncie from a 69 Camaro with the correct factory shifter. Dates are 2 weeks apart. It has the Norwood OH assembly plant stamping. The trans is really nice with perfect engaging teeth and hasn't been in a car in 25 years. Let me know if he's interested

What would you pay for a stock GN block with stock bottom end? I have one. Are you interested? I'll take the top half of the motor back off and sell you the bottom end. If I don't get a reasonable offer then I'm going to rebuild the bottom end and keep it. I already have the top end as you can see (Champion aluminum heads, 218 hydr cam, T-D rockers and Champion ported intake) I had another motor built for me so I don't have much use for this one. At least not at the moment. I would prefer to piece out the entire motor. Or at least the parts that are of significant value. Let me know if you're interested.

-Chris-
If there is proof it hasn't been detonated I pay $750 and up. If it had stock heads on it and the pan was clean I usually grab them. Otherwise I'm pulling rod caps to check the bearing inserts. Detonation engines aren't worth anything to me. If bearing inserts have been changed it's not worth much either unless theres documentation as to why.

Ok....your not interested in it....so be it. To shrug it off as "old technology" and "lets be realistic"...you just showed your lack of understanding about very rare items. If your sitting on that drivetrain and someone buys a high mile GNX who's parts were replaced or damaged....Advance Auto isn't going to be able to do shit for them. They are going to search and search for the "very rare items" that make the car correct. "New Technology" don't mean shit. There are still plenty of cars running 45a's and old 70's that will kick the shit outta some cars with all the latest and greatest.
The way you talk....I should just toss away my items I have for the 64-65 Super Stock Mopars. They only made a couple 100 of those cars, and the parts aren't worth anything to another car. I must have lucked out selling a set of 65 Plymouth hubcaps for $1000, and the aluminum K-member for $5000...to a guy building a "clone" only.
In 20 more years....those GNX parts will fetch HUGE $$$....to make a clone or restore a real car back from the dead.
Example....correct part number 4 speed for a 70 Cuda....$7500 all day long....in non working condition.

"To shrug it off as "old technology" If I were to tell you that I'm interested in putting a different turbo on my car and I asked you "Coach, what turbo do you think I should use for my current application, what do you recommend?" You would recommend a GNX turbo? A turbo that's technology is almost 30 years old? That's what you would recommend. I posted a thread a few weeks ago in the Stage ll section and not one person recommended a GNX turbo. Not one! And I have the money to buy whatever turbo I want! If someone told me that the GNX turbo is the very best turbo for my application but they're 20k, then guess what, I'm gonna buy one. More importantly I've never heard anyone say what an exceptional turbo it is. Ever! There's just simply to much better technology out there. And it's not a "lack of understanding" It's I don't care! I'm not into nostalgia.... If you are, then great. I'm not! So don't push your manifesto on me because I won't push mine on you..... It's called opinion. Or, also known as IMO.... It's the sort of thing that makes the world go round. And for one to have A DIFFERENCE OF OPINION is a good thing.... Now, I thought that's what part of this board is about.... Hence the word PART. And if you're talking about making money; I don't know a financial adviser in the country that would recommend that move. Not one....

The other question I can't quite seem to understand (maybe it's my lack of understanding or small brain) is; if this is such a great deal, such a great buy, then why hasn't anyone even made an attempt to find/purchase this wonderful piece of history.... This is how it is for me. I don't own a GNX (nor do I want to own a GNX) and I'm not a parts collector. I can find a lot of things to do with 4k then buy old car parts that might take me 20 years just to make my money back. Now if you're into that sort of thing, then great, nice to know that, for if I ever need old parts I'll know where to go.

If there is proof it hasn't been detonated I pay $750 and up. If it had stock heads on it and the pan was clean I usually grab them. Otherwise I'm pulling rod caps to check the bearing inserts. Detonation engines aren't worth anything to me. If bearing inserts have been changed it's not worth much either unless theres documentation as to why.

I sold the stock heads back in the winter and the intake went to a core charge. The bottom end has never been opened up. The top end has 300 miles on it.

A 1970 Chevelle SS ls6 is old technology also..:rolleyes:

So far there Is no proof that this motor exists so it's all hear say

Parts are sometimes more appreciative in value then the entire car and no insurance needed plus space is not a issue