You can type here any text you want

what is needed for a solid 10.5-10.9 setup in a GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BigMattfromjers

what is need to have a solid 10.5-10.9 setup in a GN. Can you do it on the stock 109 block or is a aftermarket block needed. what size turbo fuel upgrades and stuff like that. thinking of getting a GN but want to know what i would be getting into before i do it.

About 10 years ago when my car was already in the 11's and had a roll bar, I figured it would take about $10K to get there with reliability and to be consistent. :eek:

Actually ended up more than that, and I did lots of work myself. Few other Buick guys I know were planning to do the same thing - we all were over our $10K budget! :redface:

Having built many other 10 sec cars, to get to mid-tens and stay there, it will take more than that, especially if short block work is needed.

If you do a few mods, crank up the boost to get a 10 sec. time slip, that may work unless engine, trans or ? gives up.;)

To get a 3800# GN in the mid-10's requires a LOT of horsepower. :cool:

Stock bottom end is fine is fine if no detonation. You will need a turbo, intercooler, cam (not totally necessary but worth it), heads, torque converter, trans build, axles, slicks, poly bushings or a complete rear control arm setup with bar, roll bar, harness, some tuning devices(preferably wide band), fuel system mods(injectors, pump), some good gas and or alky injection, some tuning skills, and a lot of practice. To do it safely and reliably plan on $10-12k.

Stock bottom end is fine is fine if no detonation. You will need a turbo, intercooler, cam (not totally necessary but worth it), heads, torque converter, trans build, axles, slicks, poly bushings or a complete rear control arm setup with bar, roll bar, harness, some tuning devices(preferably wide band), fuel system mods(injectors, pump), some good gas and or alky injection, some tuning skills, and a lot of practice. To do it safely and reliably plan on $10-12k.

Thanks for the help.

You can buy one already done for $10-12k and a really nice one for probably $15-17k.

bolt on and a turbo upgrade mid 11s pretty reliably if its a solid engine

Back