what is the best aluminum master for hydroboost?

the wrath

My master cylinder is starting to go bad and i want to replace it with an aluminum unit, but i dont want to use that ugly astro van one. Does anyone have any ideas?

i need ave to make suretathat info also. i'm considering wilwood pn. 260-8555. have to make sure it is for buick brake system, i.e. disc in front only.

Check out the new issue of gmhightech. They have an article about converting the gn to hydroboost and i they're using one.

From what I found out when I asked this is that the aluminum one have to size bores for the front and back the old steel ones have the same bore for both. I was able to find an aluminum replacment speedway carries it but its $89.

Try a late model C6 Corvette looking MC. I ordered one with my new hydrobost from Hydratech based on their recommendations. – same brake line sizes / thread pitches / port locations so that you can plug n play without hassles – Raybestos MC390572

Try a late model C6 Corvette looking MC. I ordered one with my new hydrobost from Hydratech based on their recommendations. – same brake line sizes / thread pitches / port locations so that you can plug n play without hassles – Raybestos MC390572

That one looks similar to one I saw in Car Craft a couple of months ago. '67 Camaro with hydroboost and a nice plastic reservoir.

1967 Chevrolet Camaro Rs Engine Photo

Alum master

Power Brake Service has an Aluminum version of the Corvette master, available in both 1" and 1.125" versions. Natural Alum or polished. Works well with a Hydroboost system.

I got mine from autozone i think it was an 89 chevy pickup 350 engine 2wd.

sounds like the same one I went with I got one for an 84 but its a 1 1/8 bore and it was cheap I havent tried to hook the lines up yet so I dont know if its going to be a direct bolt in.

you want NM2220 this is the new not rebuilt one the reason why is if you get a reman it does not come with the Reservoir the Reservoir by its self is $20 so if you dont have a core to use for the core charge by the time you get the reman pay the core and buy the Reservoir you will have spent $10 more then the new one that comes with the Reservoir.

I just purchased this alum master (far right) from napa yesterday. It is from a 1983 2wd 350ci single cab truck. I guess the hydroboost I grabbed from the junkyard is too small for the 1 1/8 bore.

Attachments

• IMG_1097.jpg
    IMG_1097.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 490
I'm not sure of the exact year but I think it was a 1998 coke delivery astro van. The smaller V6 model. It wasn't the bigger Savanna van which I think has the hydroboost I want. Good luck out there.

i have a 85 gn hydroboost unit on my car now that takes a master cylinder with a 1 inch bore. the 81 eldorado has a 24mm bore will this still bolt up and work correctly?

I have no idea, but I think I'm going to try this aluminum with a plastic reservoir mentioned earlier in the thread:

Raybestos MC390572

I also went with C6 Vette.