You can type here any text you want

What is the "proper" way to r and r rear wheel cylinders?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbotroy

I've been a mechanic for most of my life, and I guess I have never dealt with this- until today. What is the preferred method of changing out wheel cylinders? I'm sure it wasn't the way I got it out, and then trying to get the retainer back in. This will tell my age, but I miss the 2 bolts that held in wheel cylinders for at least 30 years. Is there a proper tool out there? Thanks in advance?

a pick or awl on each side of the cylinder from the rear to release the retainer ring, theres a groove for the pick

new cylinders come with new retainers , put the new cylinder in an slide a wedge between it and the axle flange now install the new retainer with a piece of pipe (large socket or 1 3/8 hole saw ) and a hammer making sure the tabs seat

Last edited:
well......... look who woke up!
how ya doing Troy?
hope all is good with you,
where you at now?

Hey Cruzn, how ya doing? I'm doing well. Just finished a job in Augusta, Ga. and taking some time off to play with Buicks and other things! Give me a shout and we'll catch up.

Back