What is this chip?

F

Fred 86 GN

It is supposedly a Kim & Larrys 93 chip. But it sure is HOT!

Base timing = 23.6 degrees.

Provides 90% of inj. PW at WOT -- 26ms at 4000rpm.

My DS data shows that it goes above 100% inj. PW at part throttle once in a while!

The BLMs lock at 138-146 at WOT.

It is set up for 009's and seems to kick-a$$ in my GN compared to other chips.

Lots of timing and fuel for a 93 chip I thought...any comments?

Thanks,

23.6 Base timing on a 93 chip with a 009 chip.. Hmmmm might wanna be careful if your running high boost on pump gas. BLM lock sounds like a Joe Lubrant chip by default, but some of us do if requested. Also Lubrant loves to add more fuel on top, at WOT, to prevent lean conditions. Leads me to believe it originated from Joe, but its just a guess..??

Mike Banas
87GN

If the BLM was actually locking, it would be the same every run so Id say whatever it is, it doesnt have BLM lock code in it. And 23 degrees on pump gas? You'll be changing head gaskets soon.

I am running a mix of 93 and 110 race gas to keep the detonation in check to some degree with this chip (heh, nice pun).

So then my guess it right -- it is more likely a 100 octane chip?

Still, it commands a ton of fuel, which seems to be just what the 009s need at WOT so the static fuel pressure can start off lower and keep the idle BLMs under control better. At least that is the way it looks with my car.

Please correct me if I am incorrect. Especially if there could be something amiss that is making this chip look like a hero while the other popular chips are not so good.

The fact that its billed as a 93 chip and has almost 24 degrees of timing in it is enough to make me think something is amiss. If you werent running a mix of gas, you would be hammering the bearings or gaskets out of the engine.

Hey JayC,

What does your 93 chip for 009's provide as far as injector PW at the following conditions:

LV8 = 255
MAF = 220
rpm = 4000
tps = 4.6v

I think the car would like something around 24ms with 19-21 degrees of timing for a 93 chip.

TCC lock-up at 90mph would be nice too.

Thanks,

It all depends on the combination. I set mine up based on whatever I think the car will need.