You can type here any text you want

what is this?

• Thread starter Thread starter jacques
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
J

jacques

bought a pig in a poke.....supposed to be a GN motor...block number is 1261787....(79?)...head number is 25504443.....has a carburated draw thru turbo set-up....would like to know what it is before I start messing with it.....will an edelbrock#5486 fit, so I can plumb up a blo-thru set up?...maybe I can add TBI?
any info appreciated!!

How about intake or exhaust manifold casting numbers. These are the best for IDing the year, since rebuilt motors are common.

The Edlebrock will work if it's a '79 or later high-port head (I think it is by the casting numbers).

intake number is b-1261568......exhaust is 12616202...I paid $2000. for it,having been told it was a GN, but it has obviously been rebuilt. seller will take it back if I dont want it.....but I need to know if it is worth messing with? If I can modify it for a blo-thru, intercooled set-up?...maybe roller rockers from poston? was the oil pressure/volume adequate?and what stall to use on a 200r? thanx!

OK, it's a 1979 Turbo V6 for a RWD car.

$2000?, get your money back. It probably worth more like $200.

You could modify it for blow-thru, FI and intercooling, but for $2000 you could get a 86/87 Turbo/IC/SFI motor with all the good stuff included.

For $1500, you could get a reman 3.8 long block from GM with a warrenty. It won't have turbo internals, but then this '79 may not either (since it's been rebuilt).

Back