You can type here any text you want

What kind of gains from nitrous on top of turbo?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Boostisgood

For all you guys who use nitrous; i have a question. How many tenths or mph is the nitrous worth. What shot are you using and at what boost level? How much do u bump the fuel pressure to compensate for the nitrous? Thinking of squirting a small shot in third for better top end pull. Any thoughts?

PT-54, V-4 ic, ART Carr 9" 3200 stall w/ tbrake, MSD 50's w/ chip, ATR cam, ATR 3" dp w/ 3" single exhaust, TRW forged pistons, ect.

I am a big fan of Nitrous, if you are running a big turbo, intercooler, and Hi stall like your signature says, I'm not sure I would add nitrous. If you run a 75hp shot, it will increase boost 2-3 lbs. You need to back timing out about 2-3 degrees. On a stock Gn with little mods (adj fuel reg, open exhaust, and chip) I went from a 13.6 no nitrous to a 12.4 with nitrous (75hp). But with all the addons I think you a defeating your purpose back backing of the timing, and turning back the boost by 2-3 lbs to adjust for the nitrous. It would help if you had a spoolup problem (stock torque converter) or use a 25hp shot for cooling affect but I would think not much more unless you have beefed up the short block to handle the extra pressures.

Chuck

Back