You can type here any text you want

What kind of latop should I use

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNGIRL87

Hey everyone!:D

I was looking to purchase a laptop for my gn but wanted to see what others have? Any suggestions for me?

Are you going to be using the laptop solely for tuning your GN? I have a little Acer netbook and it works great for running PowerLogger at the track. I can usually get a whole night out of one battery. I got mine for a deal from a good friend.

Hope this helps.

i had problems with windows 7 and fast. so i got a panasonic toughbook cf-28. i got a few of them for people wanting a computer for their car. it's 200.00 shipped if you want one, it is the last one i got. great car computer, because it can take tons of abuse. let me know and i'll give you all the details.

Thanks for all your help. I was looking for something a little cheaper for around 100 bucks. I seen the below what do you think?

And yes I'll just be running this on the gn.

Laptop
7" Mini Netbook Notebook Laptop WIFI Windows CE 2GB HD on eBay!

Mount
car mounts laptop items - Get great deals on Computers Networking, Electronics items on eBay.com!

Yowza that's small. I think you'd be better served getting a bigger one that you can use outside of the car. I have a 10" Acer Netbook and I don't even like typing on it all that much because it is so small. I have a nine cell battery for it so it goes about 8 hours on a charge. :)

I'm not even sure the scan tools out there support Windows CE.

I use Dell 1.8 ghz, 504mb ram laptop . This is backup for limited home use too. $150.00 price range.

I just bought a Dell Latitude D420 for PowerLogger and it only cost $200. I bought it from Dellauctions.com. Everything on the site starts at 99cents. Its refurbished right from Dell.

yes i am running powerlogger, in a XP vm
I had no idea this could be done w/PL. Good to know. All I need to hear now is someone using an iphone with PL, that would be the ultimate.

To answer the OP, For my PL I use my old Dell Latitude D610.

Back