You can type here any text you want

What mass air do I have here

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scarab

What mass Air do I have here, the car was listed for sale with a lt1 but this dont look like one. The car is very fast but I just want to make sure of it. Also what is the small box that said PT101 Lube next to the air filter? any ideas?
full

Looks stock to me but I have no idea about the box , Where do the lines run to out of that box ?

Looks like a stock maf .

that is what I am thinking, Car runs great and has a TT 5.7 chip in it for alky and GN1 heads ,. I was just making sure this would not cause any problems. I dont why the lt1 was removed. I also emailed Turbo Tweak to ask them as they made the chip for it.

it looks bad ass with all those mods . Did he have any time tickets that may have came with the car ?

it looks bad ass with all those mods . Did he have any time tickets that may have came with the car ?
one ticket was in the glove box, Shows he ran a 10:17@137 with a stock d5 converter and no boost leaving the line. 60 Ft was 1;69. He told me when I bought it that I need a converter. So this Friday I am installing a PTC 3200 9.5 inch lockup to help it off the line. the car will pull so hard it feels like the driver front tire is trying to come off the ground. When I let off it in 3rd gear the front drops down like it was almost in the air. This is first car I had with alky injection and man you can smell it when it comes on after you let off the throttle. I love these GN's

I will post some more pics soon.

It has A Eagle Crank and Rods as well as forge pistons and a 218/218 cam, steal main caps, front mount BGC inter-cooler and GN1 rad with fans. And of Course ported and polished GN1 heads and Polished and ported intake

WOW , I'm hoping to get in the 11 with my set up . And one of my next upgrades is gonna be a LT! and a Translator . Let me know how things go after you get the converter . Keith 662-419-0626

that looks like a stock POS mass air, or (even worse) a stock replacement POS mass air.

I SERIOUSLY doubt you have a '10 second' car' with that I see in the pics.

as far as that part number next to the filter, I can't see the pictures past the original post.

that looks like a stock POS mass air, or (even worse) a stock replacement POS mass air.

I SERIOUSLY doubt you have a '10 second' car' with that I see in the pics.

as far as that part number next to the filter, I can't see the pictures past the original post.

You may be correct, but my other 87 I had with just a te 60 turbo and front mount with 42lb injectors when 11:70, this one has GN1 ported and polished heads cam, eagle crank, Eagle rods, aftermarket headers, alky injection, ect. Alott more than I had in my other GN and I can tell you from driving it that it is alott faster than my 11 sec GN. I have been 8:90s in my Dodge so I do know a little about what it feels like.

But now I have a problem I cant figure out. The car feels like it is surging in first gear. It will rev up to about 4000 when you floor it and the boost goes to 15lbs. After it shifts the boost goes to 21lbs and it flat ass hauls ass. 2nd and third gear will hold you in the seat while it is tearing the tires apart. But I cant under stand the 1st gear thing. No Knock and the alky system comes on at 8 psi of boost. What could be the cause? Before we put the converter in it it would just make one pop at the 1st gear change. Now it will surge at 15psi and no knock and only 4K rpms. Once it shifts it is a rocket and runs great. and the rpms climb just like they should.

I have a video of it surging at 4k. It doesn't want to climb higher than 4 k in first but will run right in all other gears. It has tt 5.7 chip for alky in it. Car is set at 21psi for street use.

this is the vidoe of the surge
You may be correct, but my other 87 I had with just a te 60 turbo and front mount with 42lb injectors when 11:70, this one has GN1 ported and polished heads cam, eagle crank, Eagle rods, aftermarket headers, alky injection, ect. Alott more than I had in my other GN and I can tell you from driving it that it is alott faster than my 11 sec GN. I have been 8:90s in my Dodge so I do know a little about what it feels like.

But now I have a problem I cant figure out. The car feels like it is surging in first gear. It will rev up to about 4000 when you floor it and the boost goes to 15lbs. After it shifts the boost goes to 21lbs and it flat ass hauls ass. 2nd and third gear will hold you in the seat while it is tearing the tires apart. But I cant under stand the 1st gear thing. No Knock and the alky system comes on at 8 psi of boost. What could be the cause? Before we put the converter in it it would just make one pop at the 1st gear change. Now it will surge at 15psi and no knock and only 4K rpms. Once it shifts it is a rocket and runs great. and the rpms climb just like they should.

I have a video of it surging at 4k. It doesn't want to climb higher than 4 k in first but will run right in all other gears. It has tt 5.7 chip for alky in it. Car is set at 21psi for street use.

Back