What numbers should i run?

the wrath

I wanted to know about what i should run with the combo in my sig with and without alky. using tt chips

trbojo said:

I disagree. See my combo below with no alky. The 13.4 was with the old retired ATR chip.

Best way to find out is visit your local track!!!

how much boost would i need to run 12.95 and is that with alky?

i am trying something different i had a te60 on the car and it bit the dust.

I disagree. See my combo below with no alky. The 13.4 was with the old retired ATR chip.

Best way to find out is visit your local track!!!
What kind of fuel? How much boost? He doesn't specify any of this either, and I'm estimating a little over stock with 93 octane....

You have a good point - fuel and boost make all the difference. My run below was with MOSTLY 104 octane. No adjustment to boost at all - 15 PSI per the factory gauge (no aftermarket boost gauge at that point). BFG DR's. Walbro 340 with hotwire. Old school ram air CAI. Bosch 237 FPR @ 43PSI line off. The car ran absolutely terribly with pump gas. The race gas made a big difference.

I have no experience with alky and am definitely not an expert, but the OP has a few key components that I did NOT have on my run that might allow him to run a little more boost - RJCPP and the upgraded IC. That's just what I was thinking. If he runs the alky and has no KR, then I say turn up the boost slowly and sneak up on the tune.

The question I have is - if you have alky, why would you NOT want to use it? Especially since your chip is burned for it. It will make a big difference on how much boost you can run, and boost is the key to power.

You have a good point - fuel and boost make all the difference. My run below was with MOSTLY 104 octane. No adjustment to boost at all - 15 PSI per the factory gauge (no aftermarket boost gauge at that point). BFG DR's. Walbro 340 with hotwire. Old school ram air CAI. Bosch 237 FPR @ 43PSI line off. The car ran absolutely terribly with pump gas. The race gas made a big difference.

I have no experience with alky and am definitely not an expert, but the OP has a few key components that I did NOT have on my run that might allow him to run a little more boost - RJCPP and the upgraded IC. That's just what I was thinking. If he runs the alky and has no KR, then I say turn up the boost slowly and sneak up on the tune.

The question I have is - if you have alky, why would you NOT want to use it? Especially since your chip is burned for it. It will make a big difference on how much boost you can run, and boost is the key to power.
and also, if the chip is burned for alky, and you're running the boost that the chip is burned for, and not using the alky, you will probably be WAY lean....

What Turbo, stock or a PT 88? Street tires, Drag radials? I say.....go to the track!

I ran 12.70's with all stock set up, I only had open air cleaner (K&N)/ 2.25 exhaust/ adjustable regulator/ stock turbo turned up to 23 lbs and 110 octane/ATR Pitbull chip. With more timing I'm sure I could squeezed out some more.