What other upgrades to do with Alky kit

billygeg

I just purchase a Alky kit on ebay (see picture) My car is mostly stock, Stock fuel pump, stock injectors, stock turbo..The only upgrades I did so far is a adjustable FPR, scanmaster, and I just purchased a new 23 row intercooler with duttweiler neck from Gbody parts..The car has some sort of race chip that was installed well before I purchased the car back in 98..Im not in front of the paperwork now but I think it was called a Super chip. What other upgrades do you think I should do..Im not looking to do 10 seconds in the quarter or even race the car, Im just looking for some extra power to shut up Hellcats if possible. So Im not really looking to open the motor or change the down pipe..I guess Im basically asking if there is anything else I MUST do with this Alky kit to gain power and prevent breaking things in the motor. I dont want to open the motor for upgrades so I definitely dont want to open it to replace things!

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 249
Oh damn.... You ownership experience with this car is not going to be good.... (or cost effective)

The correct answer is ''do all the preventative maintenance and necessary upgrades before even considering ''trying to shut up Hellcats''

...and if you're not going to open up the engine to replace some important parts that are defective/timed out, park it, wax it, and look at it.

Oh damn.... You ownership experience with this car is not going to be good.... (or cost effective)

The correct answer is ''do all the preventative maintenance and necessary upgrades before even considering ''trying to shut up Hellcats''

...and if you're not going to open up the engine to replace some important parts that are defective/timed out, park it, wax it, and look at it.
Lets get real here, Im sure there are plenty of people who do not open their motors for upgrades...Constructive comments would help..Im asking for advice. Not just to be told I will have problems or to park my car and look at it..Thats why I opened the thread, To ask so I dont have issues..We cant all be experts..

Earl was being very real. You'll have to upgrade the fuel system right off the hop. Timing chain and gears. Transmission will have to be upgraded. The 23 row IC you bought was a bad choice. You'll need an alky chip from Eric at Turbotweak and Powerlogger to tune...and the knowledge to tune. I would suggest finding someone in your area to THOUROUGHLY go over the car to see what you have. Here's my YouTube channel.

.Thats why I opened the thread, To ask so I dont have issues..We cant all be experts..

Sounds like a good enough reason to listen to an expert to me. But since we don't like that route....

.....And that's why I answered. I told you both paths you can take. Open up the engine and take care of the weak links that WILL negatively impact both your performance (while it still runs) and your reliability. Or park it in it's compromised state.

You're other option is to install the alky kit (if it's a complete kit), make sure to turn up the boost, and go find you a Hellcat.....

You'll be an expert before long.

.......Or dump the car as a project.

I'll wait for the add. Selling cheap.

"Car has engine issues, my neighbour's friends uncle thinks the head gaskets are blown".
[/QUO
Some of you guys are just so up on yourselves boy! Instead of giving constructive advice this is the best you got?..Being nice doesnt cost anything..Being arrogant cost you respect!
Everyone has to start somewhere unless some were born with a turbo up their @

Sounds like a good enough reason to listen to an expert to me. But since we don't like that route....

.....And that's why I answered. I told you both paths you can take. Open up the engine and take care of the weak links that WILL negatively impact both your performance (while it still runs) and your reliability. Or park it in it's compromised state.

You're other option is to install the alky kit (if it's a complete kit), make sure to turn up the boost, and go find you a Hellcat.....

You'll be an expert before long.

.......Or dump the car as a project.
Dude lets get off the hellcat issue already..Forget the hellcat..You gave me absolutely no advice at all in your prior post..You told me to do all preventative maintenance..What maintenance is that? You said nothing except if Im not willing to do it then, Wash the car and look at it

Earl was being very real. You'll have to upgrade the fuel system right off the hop. Timing chain and gears. Transmission will have to be upgraded. The 23 row IC you bought was a bad choice. You'll need an alky chip from Eric at Turbotweak and Powerlogger to tune...and the knowledge to tune. I would suggest finding someone in your area to THOUROUGHLY go over the car to see what you have. Here's my YouTube channel.

Now that is a respectable answer. THANK YOU! I read that the alky kit can be used on a everyday stock driver. So thats not the case? Im not looking to race as I mentioned..Just a little more kick...The car is not a project car..Its in mint condition and runs great as it is..So I will still have to open the motor and change things? If so I will either do it or put the kit back on ebay and sell it..

Don't drive the car until you get a Turbotweak chip from Eric. Forget about the Hellcats and racing the car...at least for now. Have a look at the injectors...there's a number on them. I'd return the IC and alky kit...if possible. The stock turbo is out of breath at 22 PSI...so you'd have to go bigger with more mods. Get yourself a Scanmaster. Post the number you see on the injector...and we'll tell you what the injector size is so you can order the chip. How many miles on the car?

Don't drive the car until you get a Turbotweak chip from Eric. Forget about the Hellcats and racing the car...at least for now. Have a look at the injectors...there's a number on them. I'd return the IC and alky kit...if possible. The stock turbo is out of breath at 22 PSI...so you'd have to go bigger with more mods. Get yourself a Scanmaster. Post the number you see on the injector...and we'll tell you what the injector size is so you can order the chip. How many miles on the car?
Im not looking to race the car, Forget the hellcat thing, Sorry I mentioned it as it sent some of these guys off their rockers!..Im just looking for a little more power and speed and Im pretty sure my stock turbo is only pushing 12 pounds. I will take a look and get back to you but Im pretty sure the injectors are stock, I dont know about the pump..I have no issues replacing the pump and getting the chip and I already have a scanmaster. Everything is set the way it should be as far as TPS and IAC readings according to the numbers I read where they are supposed to be..Im still a beginner with this, Thanks for the help

The stock turbo is good for about 22 PSI...with alky. With pump gas...18 PSI...IF...you really know how to tune and the fuel system is up to it. For a novice I'd leave it about 14 PSI...if the fuel system is up to it. New timing chain and gears if the mileage is getting up there.

The stock turbo is good for about 22 PSI...with alky. With pump gas...18 PSI...IF...you really know how to tune and the fuel system is up to it. For a novice I'd leave it about 14 PSI...if the fuel system is up to it. New timing chain and gears if the mileage is getting up there.
Mileage is about 88,000

Mileage is about 88,000
It'll need timing chain and gears. May as well swap the water pump while you're there. The stock timing gear was coated in nylon...which is now stuck to the oil pick up screen. These are the basics Earl was referring too.

It'll need timing chain and gears. May as well swap the water pump while you're there. The stock timing gear was coated in nylon...which is now stuck to the oil pick up screen. These are the basics Earl was referring too.
So we are worried about the chain breaking or the car jumping timing then?