You can type here any text you want

what psi for 255,275-60 r 15

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NCC1701

Hello,
I hope someone can help. I have the stock GN wheels on the rear that have been widened by 1 inch.
I am running a set of Futura 255/60r15 and they are over inflated at 23psi.:confused:
The edges have plenty of tread left but the centers are past the wear marks.
I have to replace them and want to go up to 275.
What pressure should I run in them at?:confused:
Thanks,
Lorenzo

That center wear is likely due to tire slippage under acceleration-even if you do not hear anything. I am thinking about going back to Nittos since I think they last about as long as a normal street tire considering they stick much better at any psi and they handle pretty much like a normal street tire even on corners.

That is exactly why I went with the Ditto DR's, they aren't the sticks tire out there, but they are a good all around. There aren't too many choices any more for stock sized wheels. As far as tire pressure, that is going to be different car to car I would imagine. I used to race with my Nittos low like 17-18 psi, but I picked up mph and dropped my 60' when I added a few pounds. Play around a few pounds at a time. I know the 255 and 275 sizes technically are too big for a stock wheel to utilize the entire tread face, so it shouldn't be as bad with your 8" wheels. I would guess start around 20 psi and go from there. Hope that helps!

Hello,
I hope someone can help. I have the stock GN wheels on the rear that have been widened by 1 inch.
I am running a set of Futura 255/60r15 and they are over inflated at 23psi.:confused:
The edges have plenty of tread left but the centers are past the wear marks.
I have to replace them and want to go up to 275.
What pressure should I run in them at?:confused:
Thanks,
Lorenzo

I don't think the tires are overinflated at 23psi...I think the wheels need to be a little wider. Like "BuickMike231" just wrote in the previous post " I know the 255 and 275 sizes technically are too big for a stock wheel". I'm running some 275-60-15's on 10" wheels and the tires wear evenly...
Normally with that size of a tire, you should be able to run at least 28psi in them...Find out how much pressure and rim width the manufacturer recommends...

Claude.

Back