You can type here any text you want

What rims are these?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

6LE Designs

GNX-Outlook.jpg

Such a gorgeous car...

Thanks! I kept looking up more expensive brands, Fikse, CCW, HRE, etc... Where's the best place to buy these? Any clue what they run? Do these pics just make them look better than they are? It is the only one I found... Thanks so much!

Simmons went out of business years ago. You can only find them used and they are very expensive because they are a quality 3 peice wheel. Best looking whelks for these cars hands down. Ccw sells a wheel that looks very similar called the LM5.

Well they just started remaking them apparently. They were out of business for years.

From what I remember is that the guy who made them retired then a few years later the production moved and a new company started making them again.

And they are still expensive.

Any clue on sizing and back spacing? I would probably run the GNX fender flares so I could get more wheel (going towards the outside of the car). I'm just brand new to these cars (been in F-Bodies for 15+ years) so I'm a total noob... Thanks for the help!

Any clue on sizing and back spacing? I would probably run the GNX fender flares so I could get more wheel (going towards the outside of the car). I'm just brand new to these cars (been in F-Bodies for 15+ years) so I'm a total noob... Thanks for the help!
Here are the specs I have on my GN
17x8.5 245-45/17 4.4" backspace front
17x9.5 285-40/17 4.7" backspace rear

Hard to find the Simmons but the WORK Meister rims are very similar...

New rims I am leaning towards by WORK...

Meister CR 01

wheelImage.png

Meister S13P

wheelImage.png

To be honest, lol, I would actually roll this as is (I can always paint them black later but think the gold looks cool, lol)...

ms13p-3.jpg

^^I'm probably too much of a redneck into Smokey and the Bandit, hence liking the gold and black, lol...

I have a set of fr17s and fr18s. Lol i don't know what set to keep. Any opinions?

I have a set of fr17s and fr18s. Lol i don't know what set to keep. Any opinions?

Is the difference between the two just the size or is the style different? Whichever you decide, I'd like first shot at buying the others... :)

Back