You can type here any text you want

What Stall?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mojilla

I have a pte-51 turbo, msd 50, 340 hotwired fuel pump, full 3inch exshaust, smc dual nozzle alky kit. I am trying to decide how big of a stall I should go with. I was thinking 2800-3000.
thanks
Joe

I have same combo pretty much.I run a 12 inch Protorque converter.

The looser the converter the faster the spoolup..trade off is the heat created by slippage when your not racing it..for occasional track duty..I like the bigger converters..for track use only..9 inch converter.

This is only my opinion..tho I do think that the PTS 9x11,the Vigilante multidisc,and the Protorque 10 inch are all great pieces.

And lockup off course :)

Thanks for the reply, what kind of ET's are you running, and what are 60 foot times. My spool up is no to good with the stock converter. I was looking at the PTS 9x11 converter, because alot of people have been saying very good things about it, possibly a 2800-3000 stall. Do you think that would be too much?
THANKS
Joe

1.62 4.871 7.551 92.73 9.83 11.744 114.64

This was two weeks ago..need to work on my MPH :)

Nah..2800-3000 you'll be fine.chip can help too on spoolup.

I ran the times in my sig with a PTS Xtreme 2800. It was really too tight for my setup. Basically the same as yours except I only have a single nozzle alky kit.

I'm now running a Vigilante 3400 and its great. Spools really quick and its very docile on the street. Can't even tell unless you're at 50%+ throttle. With it locked up, its just like a stocker.

Back