What temps do your cars run with a front mount.

A little hot I must admit...200-210 deg. I'm going to have to find a way to cool this thing down...Maybe dual fans, I dunno...
'Bye, Claude.:(

With my ESP FM and stock radiator i have seen about 210 in 90 degree heat. I'm going to replace it with a CAS radiator and see how that works out.

spearco fm,big b&m trannycooler,new 3 core modine radiator(for v8 regal w/ac),160 thermostat,dual spal fans and a flowkooler water pump.

i run between 160 and 190 no matter what.

later,sean

PT&E FM IC and a Be Cool radiator with OE fan my car runs >160* at cruise and slightly over 160*at idle in the heat. After a WOT pass in the heat maybe 165*-170*. I can idle around the pits all day in the heat 90+* and NEVER see 170* on the gauge. Scott Simpson was amazed at the Columbus nationals how cool the motor ran even in that damn hot heat and humidity. I love that radiator!

Those aluminum radiators how much do they run? And is it a direct fit with the oil cooler in it? I also have an external trans cooler.

CAS makes the best aluminum unit available for our cars. It is a three pass design rather than a single pass which greatly improves the cooling. It is a direct fit rather than almost a fit. It comes with a single cooler because the baffling required to make a three pass unit does not leave room for a second cooler. Most of us use it for the tranny, I think.

It costs $549

FMI cooling help

If your using a F.M.I you can make a piece of metal to direct air up behind it into the radiator inbetween the air dams like other cars have . Also BeCool sells a duel Spal fan setup thats pretty nice and can replace the stock fan for better air flow . :cool:

I have the Cas radiator from Mr. Dequick and I also have the
dual fans from ramchargers. Car does not go over 180 on a
hard blast with 95f heat with 100f humidity. That combo is
great. Expensive but well worth the investment considering
heat kills the trannies and robs horsepower. It takes all the
doubt out of every overheating again, unless you torch a
head gasket.

New stock replacement radiator and a PTE front mount with a/c sitting in traffic in 90 degrees it gets around 205 degrees. But once I get moving it'll drop to under 190 right away, on the freeway with the a/c on it'll run 177. But before I replaced the radiator and before the front mount it ran the same temps, added the front mount and I couldn't run under 220 on the freeway! Have to have a radiator in good condition if you're running a front mount.

As mentioned earlier, the radiator is a big issue. We have seen car running hotter for this reason, much which gets blamed on the Fronmounts. Be sure not to overlook the smaller things like the possibility you have a 15+ year old radiator cap. We have seen quite a few that do not pass a pressure test. We have had much success with a high eff. 3 row that is used in racing. We also have installed dual fan kit, but we never had to do both on the same car. Some front mounts are larger and heavier than ours and I can see where cooling is a concern, but it is by no means out of anyones reach.

Hope this helps,
John @ ESP

Most of you guys are running close to me or alot cooler with a front mount and I still have the stock IC. I did a hot wire the fan relay but no real difference probally 5 degrees lower. Will the by-pass the resistor to make it allways high make that much difference? Like I said with the A/C off in traffic in the 185's and with the A/C on 195-210 plus. But I do live in Hawaii, the humidy get between 65-85%. Temps are around the 80-90's.

As I think I said, you have an old core that has lost efficiency due to deterioration of the bond between the fins and the tubes and a coating of slime and scale on the inside of the tubes as well as the engine.

A new hd core and distilled water and RMI-25 will probably make a big change.