What times should i get.

87LimitedT

Just getting started
I am hoping to get this done before this summer. Just want to know what times in the 1/4 mile i should be running or could get without going over 20lbs of boost.
new rebuilt stock turbo from kirbains. mine went out.
walbro 307 with hotwire.
3in down pipe and up pipe
duttweller neck
dull exughst or single shot
36lb injectors
alcohol kit
3in MAF sensor and translator
70mm throttle body and plenum
I do have a set of eBay headers but im going to have to stick with my stock ones seeing that the eBay’s don’t fit.

I am hoping to get this done before this summer. Just want to know what times in the 1/4 mile i should be running or could get without going over 20lbs of boost.
walbro 307 with hotwire.
duttweller neck
36lb injectors
alcohol kit
I do have a set of eBay headers but im going to have to stick with my stock ones seeing that the eBay’s don’t fit.

low 12 with a good TT alcooool chip and sticky slick
you dont need a 70 mm TB port and match the stock one

have fun in first

cp

i would say low 12's too but the 70 mm might hurt you since going bigger isnt always the best choice. start with stock and max it out before upgrading

i would say low 12's too but the 70 mm might hurt you since going bigger isnt always the best choice. start with stock and max it out before upgrading

Dee Da Dee!!!!!

walbro 307 with hotwire.
duttweller neck
36lb injectors
alcohol kit

Why don't you want to run over 20psi?? I'm shooting for 11s with the combo in my sig.

Kind of scared ill blow something i really don’t want to push it to much. how much boost could I run safely with alcohol. Yeah I kind of thought the 70mm throttle body would be a little to big.

I am goin to say 13s... if you are afraid of racing the car because ya don't want to push it DON'T !!!! :rolleyes: :cool:

yeah im not looking to race very much ill probably only go to the track a few times to see what i can do.Mid to low 12's are what im shooting for.

i didnt read your post right if you are not going to go over 20 psi your looking at a gain of 30 hp. i would say high 12's or low 13's

The tires i have on their are Good Year Eagle GT+4 P215/65R15 they seem to grip well. What would be a good set to get?

The tires i have on their are Good Year Eagle GT+4 P215/65R15 they seem to grip well. What would be a good set to get?

they are not going to grip well on boost launches. i would go with a mickey thompson street drag radial 235 60 15 if you are going to stay with a stock rim

Don't worry about hurting your car. Mine has 150k on the clock. All thats done to mine is a new timing chain, and valve springs. Got mine set up on 25 lbs right now and it has no issues. I don't even have an alky chip yet, so my timing is really low too.

Don't worry about hurting your car. Mine has 150k on the clock. All thats done to mine is a new timing chain, and valve springs. Got mine set up on 25 lbs right now and it has no issues. I don't even have an alky chip yet, so my timing is really low too.

well good for you:rolleyes:

87limitedt,warm air and stickey tires low 13s,cold air and stickey tires 12.60-12.80's,no stickey tires 13.80's or worse. 20psi with higher timing.i would not run any more than 20-22psi on the stock turbo with the alky being a must,if you feel you need to, just upgrade the turbo.never broke anything on 20psi on a stock turbo and 12sec et's all day long with a good hook.

walbro 307 with hotwire.
duttweller neck
36lb injectors
alcohol kit

I had that setup last year, except for the 70mm tb, had to roll into throttle due to crappy street tires...best times was 13.6 @ 98mph...stock turbo no alky 17psi

walbro 307 with hotwire.
duttweller neck
36lb injectors
alcohol kit

As Grumpy said 13's Even with DR's, Now this also depends on air quality, closeness to sea level. I run 4 tenths faster in Mission B.C. than I do in Edmonton.Mission is 25 ft above sea level. What a difference, I have bigger turbo,intercooler and injectors and was only get max of 12.19 at 109mph on a cold alberta night. 1.8. sixty. lots of guys get better 60's than me..Given. but you have nothing special to make you go fast. I still only was getting 89 to 92 through the 1/8th on alot more than you, In Edmonton. 2200 ft above sea level. Just My opinion, depending on your relation to quality air and RACE FUEL(I run VP 110) Mid 13teens. My o2.. oh! And also your TUNE!! It's all in the tuning without breaking remember that! Don't lean out or detonate Just to get a time slip:wink!"go fast with Caution to run Faster another Day":cool:
P.S. Never above 25lbs Boost, That's what My turbo seems to like without pushing for my stock. I won't go above that and I run 11:67 w.a 1.74 sixty I can and know it will go fster, but don't want too on the original block. HTH, All the best.:biggrin:
Oh, if your not going over 20lbs boost,again depending on your air relation to sea level, at my place you'd go mid 14teens at 96 to 99 mph. My 11.67 is in Edmonton in September on a very warm day with very Moderate Humidity>