You can type here any text you want

What to do about brake motor running?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Whut

Addicted to Boost!
I would say 8 out of 10 times I step on the brakes I hear that little motor running. I was told it was because my accumulator bowl is not holding the pressure that it should. The brake light on the dash does not come on at all, even if I SLAM the brake pedal down so I think its doing its job I just dont want it to stop doing its job when it comes time to STOP. :biggrin:

Anyway, what I am looking for is recommendations. Should I replace the accumulator bowl? If so, is Kirbans replacement ok or is there a better, cheaper one out there with the correct "charge"? Should I replace the entire power master system or go vacume?

This is for a 1987 Grand National with factory brake system. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Without gauges a spare accum. makes this easier.Your ball may be low,your motor may not be making enough pressure,you may be leaking near pedal area or system needs bled.Turn key on wait for motor to run,foot off brake wait 5 minutes.motor should not cycle.If it does you have a leak somewhere.You can check port B of reservior w/ plastic tubing to check the check valve.fluid rise will indicate leak. To check accum first depressurize system.Turn key on letting pump motor run.If motor runs less than 15 secs,replace the accum. Make sure your brakes are adjusted properly and fluid level is correct.

Back