You can type here any text you want

What TV shows or movies have you seen a TR in?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2QWIK4U

I remember the Matlock episode and some movie with Sam Elliot and Whoopi Goldberg.Both had the V-8 sound effects though.

Wasnt there an urban scene in Pulp Fiction where a gn slides in and out with bad guys in it? Audio was the buzzin half duzzin

no gn in pulp fiction, seen it a million times but his 64 malibu was way cool.

there is an episode of miami vice where a DEA guy is driving a brand new 87 gn, his brother was a jai alai player with a bad drug habit and the DEA guy got in trouble for protecting him.

and in the steven segal movie "out for justice" the bad guys score a GNX at a chop shop for their getaway

i also saw a rap video once where the rapper dude had an 87 with 20 inch wire wheels on it.

Originally posted by kes610
no gn in pulp fiction, seen it a million times but his 64 malibu was way cool.

there is an episode of miami vice where a DEA guy is driving a brand new 87 gn, his brother was a jai alai player with a bad drug habit and the DEA guy got in trouble for protecting him.

and in the steven segal movie "out for justice" the bad guys score a GNX at a chop shop for their getaway

i also saw a rap video once where the rapper dude had an 87 with 20 inch wire wheels on it.
In the movie "The Substitute 2" there is a non-intercooled GN. Does a braking 180 to give the guy a warning or something like that. Looks like a newer one but I don't believe it had the air dams so it was decided it must be a non-intercooled car.

Art.

I saw a GN on a show called Celebrities Unsensored on the E channel the other day.It was about the paparatsy (sp)?? :confused: following around and bothering celebs. and it showed a GN w/tinted windows taking off,I think it may have been Sean Penn but not really sure.
Also I saw a GN on Beverly Hills 90210 quite a few years ago.

I saw some weird ass movie on the Sci Fi channel where the main character drove around a GN. Sorry cant remember title. I think it (was about some kinda spreading virus caused by aliens? (prolly not much help since all the shows pretty much follow this descr.):D

I recently surfed across a show that I never watch, Stargate SG-1, and there was a 1.5 second building exterior shot where a tinted-glass GN was parked in front.

Not TR related but cool nonetheless, there was a neat scene in a Bewitched episode last night on TV Land. Samantha was in a parking lot in next to her car which was backed into the parking space as were all the cars in the scene.

A true Chevy commercial this scene was as they were the show's major sponsor. From left to right there was a yellow 1969 Corvette convertible, a gold 1969 Camaro RS convertible, a green 1969 Camaro SS convertible (Samantha's car), a bright red 1969 Chevelle convertible (w/ white top & interior) and a blue Impala hardtop. The cars got a good minute or so of airtime in this scene and they all cranked up and rumbled off simultaneously. :cool:

Now, back to our regurlarly scheduled topic. :p

Originally posted by MeanBuicks
I recently surfed across a show that I never watch, Stargate SG-1, and there was a 1.5 second building exterior shot where a tinted-glass GN was parked in front.

Not TR related but cool nonetheless, there was a neat scene in a Bewitched episode last night on TV Land. Samantha was in a parking lot in next to her car which was backed into the parking space as were all the cars in the scene.

A true Chevy commercial this scene was as they were the show's major sponsor. From left to right there was a yellow 1969 Corvette convertible, a gold 1969 Camaro RS convertible, a green 1969 Camaro SS convertible (Samantha's car), a bright red 1969 Chevelle convertible (w/ white top & interior) and a blue Impala hardtop. The cars got a good minute or so of airtime in this scene and they all cranked up and rumbled off simultaneously. :cool:

Now, back to our regurlarly scheduled topic. :p
Was O.J. Simpson's yellow 1969 Camaro SS 396 there? :)

Wonder what ever happened to that car and if it's worth anything because it was his car. Chevy gave it to him when he won the Hysman (SP?) trophy.

the sci fi movie i remember from the 80's, it was about an alien that kept taking over peoples bodies, the alien was addicted to punk rock music and fast cars.

sean penn had an 87 that got stolen sometime this year, it was in the entertainment section of the paper and had a picture of him getting in it. they made a really big deal out of it getting stolen.

what stargate was it? i don't watch it very often but every now and then i'll watch it.

there was an episode of walker texas ranger where the bad guys had a gn.

Also a movie called FX or was it FX2 where there was a TR in it.

I think on gn/ttype.org there is a list but not sure.

L.A. Takedown

Made for tv movie in the late 80's L.A. cop drove a badgeless GN. He wore black. It was suppose to be a new series.

Theres a scene in Men in Black the first one, where they have a shot of NY from overhead and they do sort of a zoom in on the streets. I'm 99% sure that was a GN but then agian theres tons of regals out there.

I owned the 87 GN that was used in the Walker Texas Ranger episode.:D I sold it last year to a buyer in Fla.:(

Originally posted by denn454
what stargate was it? i don't watch it very often but every now and then i'll watch it.
Best I can explain, there was a crew member who was presumed killed during exploration of a planet. They even had his funeral and wake. He had actually been captured by an alien creature who lived under the ocean so that the alien could learn what happened to his mate 2000 years ago on earth.

i think there was a yellow turbo regal in mars attacks, but it was shown only briefly

"Out For Justice" - Bad guys get a GNX from a chop shop. It's really just a GN.

"90210" - Episode about illegal street racing around 1994. The GN never races. I believe a Camaro, and a Chevelle race. Then at the end, the curly haired blonde guys races the Chevelle in his 92 or 93 ZR1 vette. But, Luke Perry saves the day, and teaches them a lesson by pulling his Porche in front of the 2 cars, creating a road block. What an @ss-clown!

"Menace to Society" - Explained above

"F/X 2" - Man driving aTurbo Regal tries to run over the main character.

"Species" - The fine Alien chick walks out in front of traffic. Gets nailed by a 86 or 87 GN. The guy driving it peeks his head out of the window to look back, then takes off doing a nice little burnout in the process. (This is a good movie by the way. Species 2 sucked though.)

Ross

Originally posted by fighterjet gn
in "MENACE TO SOCIETY" its an 84 GN right before they do a shooting at a hot dog stand.
Wrong. It was just a black Regal V-8. No turbo hood or spoiler and if you remember the interior shots it was not a GN interior either. That car had chrome bumpers and trim too and no it wasn't a T, T-Type, Limited or WE4....just a plain 'ole Regal.

Back