You can type here any text you want

What would cause this?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pat Adkins

rotor cracked
CIMG2471a.jpg

CIMG2476.jpg

Like Charlie said, Heat and the rotors have been turned too much and in return Heat took it's toll...

SW.

brake rotor

The same thing happened to me on my Suburban which is a work truck. One of my techs did me a favor and purchased my rotors with the one year warranty. Little did he know that the rotors with the 1 year warranty has been turned to the lowest point on the scale before scrapping the part, the 3 year+ warranty has much more thickness, ask next time you buy rotors for any car. Well we were returning from a long trip winding south in the mtns. of KY and I heard the worst grinding noise coming from the pax side front brake. We pulled over at the next stop and it looked just looked just like that with a giant crack. It was slightly warped and chewed the brake pad off. The seal was destroyed and leaking. Not a good day at all.

Thanks for all the responses, I now know that I will be buying the more expensive replacement rotors (I do not know how long these have been on the car or where they were purchased).

Looks like a GM rotor to me???:)

Just commenting based on my own personal experience with these nasty lil' $30 Chinese rotors that everyone sells over the counter these days. I went through 3 pair in 2 years before I finally upgraded to some good aftermarket brakes.

...and you night be surprised at hom many of the OE parts in our cars are coming from China...

I visit China a few times a year as part of my job. I'm always in the machine shops, sheet metal shops and casting shops there auditing processes and materials.
The sources who are making sheap parts for the global auto parts market are the same sources I'm using for Telecom stuff.

If you don't stay on top of them, they start upping the impurities and cutting back on the process controls and you don't know until all your parts start falling off.:rolleyes: or chunks of rotor come flying through your floor pan...

HEAT X4....I've seen this at least 30 times when I worked at the Zone.

Back