What Would It Take To Beat The 405?

It's not all about power but more like being able to put down as much power as possible on a limited prep surface. I still think a lightweight Tube chassis GN with 2300lb max weight and having the majority over the rear would shake up that list.
A lot of those guys can't utilize the power they have and blow the tires a lot of times. Have these guys race away from there nicely groomed concrete "street" surface and more like the normal asphalt surface and there completely out of there element. It's all about how to approach the issue.
AG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you look at there mph that they show there only in the 150s . Bob Stanley's car went 4.78 in the 1/8 at 156.

if you look at there mph that they show there only in the 150s . Bob Stanley's car went 4.78 in the 1/8 at 156.

He'd still get smoked on the street. Again, the Nova has gone 20mph faster in the 1/8th on 275s.

There has been a couple of imports in the past try and make the list... If I'm not mistaken one was a GT-R?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

What they do on a 275 at the track has nothing to do with what they do on the street, or at the track with a big tire. They are just getting into a 275, they will get faster, and you can bet on a big tire they are much faster. I dont understand why everybody is trying to take away how fast they really are. And this started off as beating them with a v6 to just getting on the list with a v6 to Dusty is faster on the track with a tire they dont normally run, running a turbo BBC. Their cars are fast. The fastest street raced cars? Maybe, maybe not, but it makes good tv to make claims, and the discovery channel got exactly what they wanted, controversy, butthurt, and people watching.

They run them numbers at the track. On TV on the street when they show the mph at the traps its only been in the 150's that's all im saying not that we could out run them.

Boostian I'v never seen a 170mph on the tv show when they show it, I could have missed one though.

just like the dubbed in tire squeals, the MPH is likely all made up.

fun discussion though..

B

Big cubes and turbo will never loose to small cubes and turbo...

The Alpha/Omega GTR would annihilate Big Chief on the street, as would the Titan Supra and UGR Lambo, all small cube and turbo, you just won't see it happen. All three as it is aren't that far behind Big Chief from a track perspective, now put it on the street and they are going to hook much better than he ever will...

You just won't see it...

I think a couple turbo 6 hats in the ring would fit right in...... we could get in there and mix it up.....

, now put it on the street and they are going to hook much better than he ever will...

You just won't see it...
He doesn't have a problem hooking. And as much as I think the AMS GTR is an unreal car, you have to figure that they ramp power the same way a large CI forced induction car like Chiefs would on the street. And on top of that, chief probably has more rubber touching the pavement.

He doesn't have a problem hooking. And as much as I think the AMS GTR is an unreal car, you have to figure that they ramp power the same way a large CI forced induction car like Chiefs would on the street. And on top of that, chief probably has more rubber touching the pavement.

Monza is a pretty straight up guy, and he said awhile back that his Camaro is trapping 151 in the 1/8th, and I have to assume he means on the street. He seems to do fairly well against Murder and Chief on the show when they are racing for a spot, provided when he is not blowing up. If they are averaging that kind of realistic mph when they detune for the street, I would rather put my money on someone like Mr. Syclone. I think Shane has one hell of a chance if this happens, calling them out will be the easy part...

Hey everyone, I just saw this thread and wanted to comment. Im not sure how many of you actively make street passes, but the variables from one street to the next and even sometimes from one hour to the next are huge. I live just outside of Los Angeles, and have come in contact with a few of the guys from the LA episodes. I'm not sure if you guys remember the first LA episode where the red chevy AWD pickup raced Derek's 3rd gen Camaro. That truck makes more than 1000whp, and is no slouch, but the night before that (I think) we raced that truck as well and beat it pretty badly. That show is entertaining, but the producers contact the guys that will bring in ratings and put on a good show.