Whatever happened to CAS???

Quick6'n'-K.C.

wana steal it? meet mr9mm
Staff member
Not a joke, just wondering what happened to CAS and if he is still making intercoolers and radiators?

I never hear the skinny on what happened back in the day
BW

From what I've heard, he took a lot of guys money and ran. He is now making differnet parts for different cars under a different business name. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Wow thats a lot of differents haha.

Jason

cas

hey, about a year ago. tony or whatever his name is. was trying to sell some parts/intercoolers on this site. one of the guys/ about 10 of them, start to scream where are my parts/money. get off this site. he ran and hide again. frank.

Quiky One said:
From what I've heard, he took a lot of guys money and ran.

Not sure how true that is...

Quiky One said:
He is now making differnet parts for different cars under a different business name. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I heard the same thing less the different business name. I believe he does not sell direct but thru distributor(s). Tony did and still does design/make some HQ product.

the only thing I can add is that he had awesome products .. It's really tuff being a one man show is that kind of business . Funny how his "products" hold there value :biggrin:

Grumpy said:
the only thing I can add is that he had awesome products .. It's really tuff being a one man show is that kind of business . Funny how his "products" hold there value :biggrin:
True Grumpy, all his parts were very nice if he could get them out.

Jason

The only problem with Tony was he told people what they wanted to hear. Second would be he couldn't supply the demand. Alot of people think this custom work for a limited market should be like walking into Walmart, well it doesn't work that way.

I remember setting up at BG one year and putting the V2 on a table for $899. This was when PTE had their unit for $1299. Funny cauz when harry saw the V2 he dropped the price to $899. Quite a bit of markup if you ask me. Alot of people forget what tony brought to the buick comunity.

Typical Buick owner wants it yesterday for a $1.

Turbo-Archie said:
The only problem with Tony was he told people what they wanted to hear. Second would be he couldn't supply the demand. Alot of people think this custom work for a limited market should be like walking into Walmart, well it doesn't work that way.

I remember setting up at BG one year and putting the V2 on a table for $899. This was when PTE had their unit for $1299. Funny cauz when harry saw the V2 he dropped the price to $899. Quite a bit of markup if you ask me. Alot of people forget what tony brought to the buick comunity.

Typical Buick owner wants it yesterday for a $1.

Yeah I remember the pricing of ICs prior to Tony. That sums it all up! I agree 100%.

I bought a V4 from him....great product and when the scoop didn't fit (my problem not his) he sent me a 2nd custom made scoop to me at no charge....wouldn't accept anything for it.

He delivered as promised...and then some.

Bob Kolhouse

I'd agree with Archie. Tony had some top notch stuff and was an emerging small business, which is not an easy task when you are the man. I did a lot of biz with Tony and he was great to deal with when he was paying attention to your stuff, otherwise it sucked because it was impossible to nail him down. To this day I'm still waiting for stuff I was told i would have 2 years ago. Being self employed myself I know the frustrations of small business. Like a lot of guys I was told one thing and sometimes Tony came through, but a few times he didnt. In a small community like ours word travels fast and towards the end of his production days a bunch of people were left high and dry. I think he just bit off more than he could chew. If he had a shop foreman and project manager along with a customer service team his business could have done incredible things.

Just my .02 FWIW

It's unfortunate but he bit off more than he could chew. Designing twin turbo kits for a bunch of cars with only a few workers did not pan out for him.
People change and hopefully learn from their mistakes, hopefully he can turn it around for himself.

But I know for a fact he took peoples money and then closed up, no doubt and not cool. I just ran into one of the old employees a few weeks ago. He was the only worker Tony hooked up with a great job in the end.

The worker I just saw??

If so, it was Jeff, the main fab/designer. He has an even better job that Tony helped him get which was really cool on his part.

He screwed me out of $830(or close to it).

My TTA intercooler didnt fit and when I dropped it back off with Pete Barton(formely or ANS) the weasel never sent me another one or a refund or do anything with/for Pete and he was nearby.

I find him, I beat him...........badly.

Then I still wont say good things about him.

later
Jeremy