You can type here any text you want

what's my TTA worth?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I wouldn't say all classic cars as I was looking hard for the last 1-2 yrs for a Buick GS stage1 car, prices were in the mid teens to low 20's until the last yr were they now seem to be in the low 20's and up which puts me out of the race.

My second option were the TTA's which I can still afford to get.
Someday they will discover these cars but it won't be anytime soon, I'm not looking to make money on these cars I'm looking to have alot of fun with them on both the drag strip and road coarse without loosing alot of money.
Merry Christmas:)

Originally posted by CHARGED
No I don't see what you mean. You would have to be blind and stupid to buy a low mi car just because its low mi with the problems you state. If I went to look at 10k mi car and saw those problems I'd be running in the other direction.

What I mean is you try and justify price based on Ebay prices.. cant do it. You see a 7K mile one sell for 12K .. there is something up with it..

Go looking at these cars.. and see whats being asked.. depends how picky you are.. will determine the condition you pay for.

Its a 15 year old used car. Tons of variables determine pricing, mileage being one.. not all.

FWIW, the spoiler will crack no matter how many miles are on the car. Mine was cracked when I bought it at 14K miles. Buddies festival car was cracked with less than 8K miles. His exhaust was also so rotted that you could poke holes through it with your finger!

Both cars were also stored inside. Mine didn't even have rust on the driveshaft when I bought mine. So it never saw rain before I got it.

Both cars have the fiberglass wing on them and no more cracks.

Some things go bad no matter what was done with the car. We are talking 80's tech and quality....nothing like if it were built today.

Maybe one day these cars will have the recognition they deserve. But it seems like it'll just be a footnote in the F-Body history.

Spoiler.. well if a car has an original uncracked spoiler, its has to add 500 to the value or no??. Or if it has a cracked one, you'll need a fiberglass repro which will cost 450-500 plus painting..

Missing emblems are another..

Perfect example how an easy item can affect price..exhuast as well.

My car's spoiler is uncracked, my factory exhuast is solid,.. does this add value???

Like factory paint.. all the factory stuff to some is worth more, to others they rather have the aftermarket items. When all original is worth more than heavily modified..

Not saying an aftermarket exhuast of fiberglass spoiler is bad, just things to consider.

You have a point. My exhaust is in two pieces: downpipe to cat and cat to bumper. Perfectly being stored that way. Still nice and silver, except the downpipe is brownish.

Of all the stock pieces I've pulled off my car, the only two things I don't have is the original spoiler and cam. The spoiler was nasty and I just left it at the body shop. It was worse than I thought. Only one side was cracked that you could see but both were and had many more when taken off. The cam was forgotten and then thrown away by accident :(

I'm sure if you took off your spoiler, you'd see cracks. If you get that nice little yellow haze around the bottom of the spoiler, you can bet the spoiler is cracked because that is rust.

Either way, the car is only worth what someone will pay for it. Period. Low mileage, high mileage, stock, modified, original paint, repainted, original interior, restored interior, etc. It doesn't matter until the buyer coughs up the cash that you'd take.

It would be nice if these were getting good money, but you have to be a realist about it. F-Body's don't hold their value that well. Maybe when it hits 20 year old status, but not now.

I just bought my 2nd turbo trans am this one has 1488 miles on it and i paid 22,000 for it I thought it was worth it #347 Leather with T tops

Originally posted by v6turbota1
I just bought my 2nd turbo trans am this one has 1488 miles on it and i paid 22,000 for it I thought it was worth it #347 Leather with T tops

What part of Massachusetts are you from? I am from Worcester. Where did you buy your second TTA?

here's something to think about. Would you pay 20K for a TTA that's been restored and mileage returned to zero. I've seen plenty of examples of older muscle cars completely ripped apart down to the very last nut and bolt. Cleaned repaired replaced and painted(bushings lca's a-arms struts everything).

Certain states allow the odometer and title to read zero or close to zero miles after a complete restoration.

Also would you pay a little more for a not so perfect hardtop cloth car as opposed to a nice 9 outta 10 t-top leather.

Would you pay 15K for a very nice car that was converted? In the grand scheme of things I don't care about value, which is why I was contemplating having the factory welds broken and a GTA hardtop put on. It would be a hardtop TTA(not on paper though) so does it mean it's worth a lot less because someone wanted something different?

In the end your car is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. Same thing as insurance companies. If something happens to your car(knock on wood it doesn't) are you gonna let them tell you here's $5K for your GTA or are you gonna fight for the low book value $15,300 the middle value $19000 or the top end of $21000. Sure we all want the $20K, but again the car is only worth what someone else will pay.

Which is why I still am considering converting to a H/T. If someone wants a H/T and can't bare to spend the $$(if I ever actually sell it) They can still have the TTA they want and do not have to settle. Unless you are looking at it from an investment standpoint.

OK I'm rambling. I need a drink!

Originally posted by trading t/a
here's something to think about. Would you pay 20K for a TTA that's been restored and mileage returned to zero

Yes.. if it looks like a lot of the 69 Z28 and 70 Chevelle's we have here on cruise nites, that every bolt has been removed cleaned painted detailed..the body dipped/stripped, all the weather stripping is brand new.. all the interior pieces are new, new glass, new lights, new motor, new exhuast, new tranny, painted in epoxy and a full rotisserie restoration.. hell yes. 20 K would be a give away.

Some half azzed earl shieb paint job, with some armor-all on the seats..no way..

I dont think you can restore one of these cars for 20 K in parts after you add all the parts needed, not counting labor or purchase price of vehicle to be restored. 100 point car.. like a zero miler.

Back