You can type here any text you want

What's the best front spindle coil over spring combo?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

49-blues

Looking to upgrade front suspension with larger brakes, drop spindles, coil over shocks on my 87 gn- what are the choices? I ve heard of TRZ, ATS and others- what are the pros cons and prices?

Hey Matt, it all depends on what way u want to go with the car. Is it street car. Sc&c has some great stuff. Their stage 2 package is a great start. Not that dse or ridetech is bad at all. Call Marcus at sc&c and talk to him. Scott w. Has some good products too. I went with Spc upper and lowers from sc&c Howe tall ball joints. Ls1 brakes all around stock spindles modded for the brakes ,then dse sway bars eiback springs qa1 double adj in front single in the rear...I'm gonna be upgrading to coilovers in the front and maybe in the rear also. No sure yet. Probably gonna go with chassisworks coil overs. Most my other setup is gonna end.up on my moms ttype. With my other motor once the stage motor goes into my car.

Plus depending on how much u wanna spend, I wouldn't change to drop spindles if ur going with coilovers and tall balljoints in the front. The tall ball joint will drop the car almost another inch and effectively give u the benefits of a taller spindle for better FRont suspension geomotry

I'm looking at the SC&C control arms upper & lowers, ls1 modified stock like spindle with ls1 rotors & C5 calipers from flynbye, I like the DSE ridetech coil overs -all going on my stage 2 87 GN. I already have a 12 bolt rear with wildwood discs so I may change out the new C5 calipers for wilwoods in front. A lot choices out there! This is mostly a street car.

Dse uses afco shocks I believe , the ridetech ones are engineered by fox racing , and the chassisworks one are vari-shock. I think that the ridetech and the vari-shock coilovers are more like a true coilover verses the qa1 type which are a by-bred. I know people have had decent luck with them, but not the best setup from my research.

Thanks- from what I ve read plus their excellent warranty ridetech will probably be my choice in the spring.

Back