You can type here any text you want

what's the best fuel pump for a 600hp+ application ....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cecil bass

Hello all, its me again im trying to find out parts i need for a 600hp+ fuel system what pump or pumps to use, fuel lines, hot wires , ect. my goal is to build a super strong street car on a $15,000 budget , but now i just getting ready to buy everything im going to use. when i get a list together ill post everything that i plan on getting. i want all your opinion's on how you all think the parts will work together. and if i can meet my 600+ hp goals with everything i plan on getting. thanks for any input that you can provide !!!!!

My opinion would be to take $2k of your budget for a complete fuel system upgrade with an external pump, new supply line and a modified fuel rail using an external regulator.

The tank should have a sump, or replace it with a fuel cell.

With 600 HP to the wheels, this will be a high 9 sec. car, so you must be SURE you have more than adequate fuel supply. :)

Best pumps IMO

Attachments

• PART_1346780572787.jpeg
    PART_1346780572787.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 162
Weldon makes good pumps, and we have used many Aeromotive fuel pumps with great success, and their customer service is great.

They did a complete bench test on the Aeromotive pump I have used since 2004 and the results showed the same as a new pump! :D

Nick, how about the magnafuel, and fuelab, pumps. They claim to not need external controllers. Have any experience with those?

My opinion would be to take $2k of your budget for a complete fuel system upgrade with an external pump, new supply line and a modified fuel rail using an external regulator.

The tank should have a sump, or replace it with a fuel cell.

With 600 HP to the wheels, this will be a high 9 sec. car, so you must be SURE you have more than adequate fuel supply. :)
where could i get a beefy fuel supply lines ?

ok i think i got my list mostly together please let me know if all these parts work well together my goal it to get at least 600hp out of this car please let me know if i miss somthing or if somthing doesn't look right ......
Wiseco Pro Tru Forged Pistons and Rings +.0303.400 4340 Steel Forged Crankshaft
Scat 5.970 Steel Forged H-Beam Connecting Rods

215/215 Turbo Buick Ductile Roller Camshaft
Weber/Morel Roller Lifters
COM 269 Cam Button
Double Roller Billet Timing Chain Set

Dura-Bond cam bearing
Calico Coatings Rod Bearings
Calico Coatings Main Bearings
SFI Approved Solid Billet Steel Balancer
Ported and Blueprinted Genuine GM 3.8L V6 Turbo Buick Timing Cover
Champion Ported Iron Heads w/ k-750 roller springs 8 bolt
T & D Roller Rockers
Full tubular Suspension
Headers (not sure which ones yet)
All new exhaust ( not sure which one yet)
hi-output ignition coil
#65 injectors w/ chip
Oil Pump Kit, Hi Volume
RJC Racing Billet Aluminum Pulleys
#IC-315-XTF Megacooler intercooler
RJC Airflow Distribution Power Plate
block girdle w/ old scraper, old shield
alky control system
full tranny rebuild (not sure what to do here and who to take it to)
4 inch up pipe
70mm TB
Idle Air Control Valve Angle Boss
APR bolts kits – front cover, intake, head studs
Biggie Oil Filter Adapter
RJC Racing Deep Sump Oil Pans
RJC Racing Rear Motor Brace
ZDD plus
Expert tuning ( still not sure who to take too)
Scanmaster
aluminum driveshaft
im going to make it a thread of its own so i can get more opinions ......... thanks, you guy know really know these cars im just trying to catch up!!!!

For most 9 sec. fuel system upgrades, I run a -8 alum line along the frame next to the original 3/8" supply line.

At the engine compartment the -8 line is split with 2 lines going to each side of the front of the fuel rail, and a -6 return line comes off the rail and joins the original 3/8" supply line for the return to the tank.

When we do a 8 sec. build we go with a -10 supply and -8 return lines.

Jasjamz, sorry I have no personal experience with those pumps? We did one Aeromotive Eliminator in-tank pump with no controller, but too early to know about reliability.

For most 9 sec. fuel system upgrades, I run a -8 alum line along the frame next to the original 3/8" supply line.

At the engine compartment the -8 line is split with 2 lines going to each side of the front of the fuel rail, and a -6 return line comes off the rail and joins the original 3/8" supply line for the return to the tank.

When we do a 8 sec. build we go with a -10 supply and -8 return lines.

Jasjamz, sorry I have no personal experience with those pumps? We did one Aeromotive Eliminator in-tank pump with no controller, but too early to know about reliability.
.......... will the fuel rail that comes with champion intake be big enough to handle the bigger lines and flow?

fwiw,

so far ive run my car to 600hp (based on my mph) with a single deatchwerk pump at 15.5v with -8 feed lines and -6 return dual fed with 62psi fuel pressure @wot. Dunno how much further that pump is capable of tho

I ran an Eliminator into the mid 9's. Drove on the street and never had issues of it getting hot. There was a tsm car that went low 9's with the aeromotive Eliminator.
I recently did an e85 car with a Weldon 2035a. We used the Weldon controller. That pump and controller was a killer combo. Pump didn't get hot after an hour of use. That 2035 is capable of 1700+ boost efi HP on gas.
Make sure whatever pump you choose puts out good numbers at 70+ psi. Some are rated at 1200+ ho but only at 40 psi, they really fall at 70+ psi. Also some are more voltage sensitive than others. Seems the Weldon pumps still flow awesome even at 11-12 volts.

Weldon pumps will give you piece of mind. They are a bit pricey but worth every penny. I used to run them on my nitrous big blocks with multiple kits and the pump never missed a beat.

Here's my formula.
Red Armstrong double walbro pump set-up.
Hotwire
Red Armstrong Volt booster
AC Delco fuel filter.
This is good to 1,000 hp on gasoline.

.......... will the fuel rail that comes with champion intake be big enough to handle the bigger lines and flow?
The stock fuel rail is good to 1,000 plus hp. on gasoline. The Champion intake wouldn't make more power with these parts.

The stock fuel rail is good to 1,000 plus hp. on gasoline. The Champion intake wouldn't make more power with these parts.
So the champion intake is a waste of $$$ with the parts I have listed????
Thanks for your input!!!

So the champion intake is a waste of $$$ with the parts I have listed????
Thanks for your input!!!
I don't know if it's a waste because it will look nice. When your motor is together,with the stock ported intake,and you get everything you can out of your combo,you won't get any more power if you changed to the Champion at the power level of your combo.

Weldon 1100 a is the only pump you can use as an external without the noise at the hp level you want. Dual feeding the rail is a good idea as cuts the fuel velocity in 1/2 for more even distribution.

I wonder if it would be okay if I use the stock connecting rods or just go with the full piston kit the way it comes....

I wonder if it would be okay if I use the stock connecting rods or just go with the full piston kit the way it comes....
The stock crank and rods are very stout. If your gonna run a forged crank,you might as well go all the way.

Back