You can type here any text you want

Whats the best machine shop near knoxville tn

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

scot502

87 GN 49,000 MILES
IM GOING TO BE NEEDING A MACHINE SHOP SOON. I LIVE IN MORRISTOWN TN SO PROBABLY IN KNOXVILLE TN OR NORTH IN GREENVILLE OR DOES ANY BODY HAVE A STOCK SHORT BLOCK ITS GOING IN STOCK GN NO MODS THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.:eek:

I know that there are several members near you. I think Scottw is in your area so you may want to contact him to see where he gets his work done.

S&G in Bristal seams to be the place here for T-buicks. They rebuilt mine and 3 other members here on the board that I know of plus they drive them there so they know the cars Im in kingsport and my engine is setting on the stand getting ready to go back in the car if you want to come by and see there work first hand let me know and you can come check my engine out before it goes in the car.

thanks

Thanks for the info I bought 87 gn to save it from getting parted out. The car is very solid but it has sat for years and I got it running and after a few drives started knocking and mains were bad. But rods looked good so here we go.

That car sound familure there use to be one down there cant rember the guys name he wanted 6k for it I went and looked at it a year or so ago and decided not to get it.

There is pudding in Knox but I here he has a 1 year waiting list or something crazy. I dont have his number but some one on here may. I would still think S&G is your best bet he only had my engine for 3 weeks start to finnish and would have only been 2 if I would have had my cam sooner.

I dont think they have a web site there number is 423-764-7561 if you want Ill PM you my number and tell you every thing I had done and what it cost me.

Machine Work

You might want to try Skeen's in Jefferson City. They've been doing Buick V6 work for a long time. Talk to Curt. This is for the machine work only. If you want someone to put it together, talk to Mark Thomas (Puddin') in Knoxville (865-293-2606). There's no wait that I know of.
Gwhizzer
Kodak, Tennessee

X2 on S&G in Bristol TN. Don Gillenwater knows his stuff when it comes to GN's. Plus the fact he has owned a few and has one now doesn't hurt. Prices are better than reasonable there and Don has got to be one of the most genuine and nicest guy you'll ever meet. you deffinitely wont have to put up with any BS from him. Thats who does all of my work as well as all the guys I know in the Tri-Cities area.

Brian

You might want to try Skeen's in Jefferson City. They've been doing Buick V6 work for a long time. Talk to Curt. This is for the machine work only. If you want someone to put it together, talk to Mark Thomas (Puddin') in Knoxville (865-293-2606). There's no wait that I know of.
Gwhizzer
Kodak, Tennessee

Skeens is good, but they're ungodly expensive.

Back