whats the cheapest way to deaden the doors?

TType84

cookin with propane
hey guys! im asking this here because i know most of you audio gurus probably dislike having door rattles and such interrupt your sound. I'm not looking for anything fancy, i was just wondering if yall had some tricks on tightening up some of those rattles, or just what to use to keep them from being heard... ideas?

http://www.cureline.net/lex/raamsale.htm

Get a roll of the RAAMmat60. Its just as good as Dynamat Xtreme and Brown Bread, but much cheaper (well a little cheaper than Brown Bread, a lot more than dynamat). With that sale, its VERY cheap.

I wouldn't waste your time with any liquid stuff, you have to put about 4-5 coats for it to a damn bit of good. I tried the BQ-2 stuff from www.b-quiet.com and the stuff is just a really strong smelling paint....slightly thicker/heaver than paint if any. A total waste of $50 IMO. Just stick with mat. Yes its harder on the hands dealing with that alum backed stuff (but the incredible high you get from painting the liquid stuff on is more annoying), but it actually does its job, it adds MASS.

Apply a layer of mat to the door skin along with the metal 'frame' part. For further sound deadening, noise reduction and slight thermal block head over to www.foambymail.com and look into Volara closed cell foam. I just got some of it, can't speak for its affectiveness yet....