You can type here any text you want

What's the difference in an HPQ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbows6

What are you getting different in a new billet 67 HPQ compared to a new billet 6765?

Hartline rates the HPQ at 35 more hp on their web site fwiw.

Larger exhaust wheel. HPQ is actually a 6768

6765 is a P trim, 6768 is a Q trim

So will a stock stroke iron head car spool the 6768 with the correct combo?

Stall would have to be around what a 3400?

6765 should go high to mid 9's?

6768 bottom 9's.

Just trying to learn...

That is pretty much correct on an all-out application. Most guys won't have all the pieces to push them that hard

So will a stock stroke iron head car spool the 6768 with the correct combo?

Stall would have to be around what a 3400?

6765 should go high to mid 9's?

6768 bottom 9's.

Just trying to learn...

I hope a stock stroke will spool a 6768hpq. That is my combo for next year with the .85 housing. The same engine (that was in my old tsm car) will be in my new car. That engine had no issues spooling a 70hpq and gtq. Not sure what the stall was though in That car. I just know it took a couple times to get it on the money. Problem is I switched from a th400 to a 200 so I will be in search of the right converter again. I got an old school art carr that will be tried first.
Eventually it will be pushed hard. I'm hoping to get where I left off with a 70gtq, which was 9.6's@142. There was a little left in that trim....I'm pretty sure I should get close at least because the 67 looks like it is rated higher or the same.

That is pretty much correct on an all-out application. Most guys won't have all the pieces to push them that hard

So, Cal what which would you recommend for the combination in my sig? I'm already planning on a different converter and more fuel.

I hope a stock stroke will spool a 6768hpq. That is my combo for next year with the .85 housing. The same engine (that was in my old tsm car) will be in my new car. That engine had no issues spooling a 70hpq and gtq. Not sure what the stall was though in That car. I just know it took a couple times to get it on the money. Problem is I switched from a th400 to a 200 so I will be in search of the right converter again. I got an old school art carr that will be tried first.
Eventually it will be pushed hard. I'm hoping to get where I left off with a 70gtq, which was 9.6's@142. There was a little left in that trim....I'm pretty sure I should get close at least because the 67 looks like it is rated higher or the same.

Kevin, are you going with an E cover to run THS?

Bryan

I believe you will be one of the contenders for this series. If my car ever decides to cooperate with me and stay together I may make the switch myself.

Bryan

I believe you will be one of the contenders for this series. If my car ever decides to cooperate with me and stay together I may make the switch myself.

Bryan

Thanks! There will be a lot of good cars next year. I hope to be competitive. Only issue right now is the money part or lack there of lol.

Aint that the truth. My wife just lost her job last Tuesday, car is on the back-burner now.
Good luck

Bryan

Sorry to hear that. We've been on a single income for the 5 of us for 3 years now. I pretty much do side jobs to pay for my racing. Some months are better than others lol.

So, Cal what which would you recommend for the combination in my sig? I'm already planning on a different converter and more fuel.

It depends on your goals. If you are going to run the turbo to it's limit, your combination can support the HPQ. I wouldn't spend the extra money if it's mostly a street car. That extra 35hp comes at a cost of an additional $350 over the 6765. That cost is usually what seperates the racers from the street cars.

It depends on your goals. If you are going to run the turbo to it's limit, your combination can support the HPQ. I wouldn't spend the extra money if it's mostly a street car. That extra 35hp comes at a cost of an additional $350 over the 6765. That cost is usually what seperates the racers from the street cars.

I found that a 70 HPQ @ 30 lbs. found ALOT of the limits of the factory stuff.

Is the billet 6765BB a turbo that you keep in stock? (bought with your in-stock Christmas special price? :D)

Is the billet 6765BB a turbo that you keep in stock? (bought with your in-stock Christmas special price? :D)

That turbo is part of our Christmas Special pricing. I have a 6768 BB in stock that falls under the additional saving and can ship today.

Back