You can type here any text you want

Wheel Brake combo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

slo-joe55

Wheel Brake Combo need help.

Is there anyone in the buick community using the after market Bear Brake system(fronts) on their GN with 15" wheels. If so which Bear system and as much info on the wheels as possible. I realize that there are other systems out there I like the Bear and my Mech. is pushing them as well. This car is a street driven vehicle. Most that I have talk to using the Bear system have gone to a bigger wheel 16" or more. Tring to stay with the 15" because of rear wheel tire selections. Thanks in advance.

Not a lot of choices out there if you want to stick with a 15" wheel. You can change the steering knuckles to the 98-05 4 door 2 WD knuckles. The offer a larger rotor an a dual piston caliper, but the draw back is that you have a hub bearing assembly which seems to be problematic.

If you feel like buying a set of A/B body spindles you can also get a a taller spindle and an 11" or 12" rotor, but you have to buy after market upper arms to used them. Still might be cheaper than buying Baer brakes though.:)

I like the Bear and my Mech. is pushing them as well. .

I am looking at a set right now and there is a reason he is pushing them.......

They are bad ass.... I will post some pics later. But I opted to change wheel size.
Another option is the Budnik stock looking wheels in .16/17/18".

Is there anyone in the buick community using the after market Bear Brake system(fronts) on their GN with 15" wheels. If so which Bear system and as much info on the wheels as possible. I realize that there are other systems out there I like the Bear and my Mech. is pushing them as well. This car is a street driven vehicle. Most that I have talk to using the Bear system have gone to a bigger wheel 16" or more. Tring to stay with the 15" because of rear wheel tire selections. Thanks in advance.

We are an authorized dealer for BAER brakes and can get you a great deal on a set, at least save you all of your shipping costs.... I can also send you the SS4 template so you can check to make sure they fit your wheels before ordering anything.

Scot W.

We are an authorized dealer for BAER brakes and can get you a great deal on a set, at least save you all of your shipping costs.... I can also send you the SS4 template so you can check to make sure they fit your wheels before ordering anything.

Scot W.

Thanks Guys for the replies. May have to go to 16" rims, if all else fells but first I like to take a closer look at those SS4 Scot W. PM me

I think of I remember reading that the 15" stock t turbine wheels clear the Baer brake set-up..

Back