You can type here any text you want

Wheel caps come off over minor bumps

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

eagleguy

I recently bought a set of new T Type center caps for my Riken honey cone style wheels. I have issues with the new caps popping off under the right conditions (bumps) nothing major. I do not understand why this is happening but I did notice the original caps had electrical tape around them where they went into the wheels. I thought this was done because of the original cap age. As a side note, I did recently swap bad Monroe shocks for Bilsteins which are somewhat stiff. Might this be the cause, any ideas?

The tape was a "shim". Check the tangs on the back of the cap. Can they be bent out a bit?
I've also seen a bead of black silicone run around the back of the cap. Let it dry, test drive...

I recently bought a set of new T Type center caps for my Riken honey cone style wheels. I have issues with the new caps popping off under the right conditions (bumps) nothing major. I do not understand why this is happening but I did notice the original caps had electrical tape around them where they went into the wheels. I thought this was done because of the original cap age. As a side note, I did recently swap bad Monroe shocks for Bilsteins which are somewhat stiff. Might this be the cause, any ideas?
Did the T-type caps fit your Riken wheels?

Just did the silicon trick Herę. Much more secure than the poorly designed plastic Tabs

What Chuck said,after losing a bunch I did the same thing Black Silicone never happened again

Yeah, they need a bead of silicone around them. Problem solved.
001 (2).JPG

Back