You can type here any text you want

Wheel Choices

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Anyone have pixs of a TTA with aftermarket racing wheels.. like Welds, Centerlines, etc...

Maybe some skinnies???

Or are we all stuck with the Gold Mesh 16x8's?

I have the Ronal Firehawk wheels on mine. 17x 9.5 with 275/40 on it.

On the rear i just got 315/35 Nitto dr's. I'll put those on soon.

I can post pics if anybody wants.

Absolutely.. would be nice to see some change :)

tryin again

Attachments

• dsc00517.jpg
    dsc00517.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 345
Thanks for sharing the pixs.. nice car :)

I'm looking for a some Weld Pro Stars.. or Centerline Convo Pro's.. or the new Weld 3 piece..or Drag lites..

Just appears the factory must of done such a great job that nobody is changing :confused: Or its the fact the car can do much more than go in a straight line that keeps one thinking on the wheels..

Keep em coming.. I had seen the wheels on a TTA that sold for a bunch of money.. Elmers.. something like that. But those were more of a road race feel to them.

I looked at your web page and saw the Z06 Corvette. I am thinking about picking one of those up next year. How do you like it compared to the TTA?

- Dave

The one problem with 16" wheels is that the tire selection is very limited if you want to go any bigger in width than stock.
You have to go up to 17" wheels (or go down to 15" wheels if they will fit) for good drag racing tires....but then 17's are that good for dragging.

Originally posted by davege
I looked at your web page and saw the Z06 Corvette. I am thinking about picking one of those up next year. How do you like it compared to the TTA?

- Dave

That ride is my Pops . Didn't get alot of seat time yet. But my brother in FLA. is buying it from him, and I'm taking it to him @ Easter week. So I'll have a few more miles logged with that trip. I'll let you know how it goes.

I wouldn't have a vette in lieu of a TTA , but having both as it sounds like you would is a great idea.

Any body selling any show quality original rear wheels? Some tire monkey screwed up the outer lip on mine changing the tires. This was done before I got the car and it's the one thing that drives me crazy.:mad:

I had the eact same question, but I'm not with the whole drag car/ big skinnies look. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with 18" Z06 rims, my friend has them on his 98 camaro so I'll be able to throw them on and see how they look first.

Anyone have pixs of a TTA with aftermarket racing wheels.. like Welds, Centerlines, etc...

Maybe some skinnies???

Julio,

I was looking at these http://www.fikse.com/products.html
I don't know how expensive they are though. I saw some Einki (spelling) wheels once that I really liked. They were similar in appearance to the stock wheel and they were gold. I think the 17 would really look good on the TTA and give a lot better performance.

Originally posted by GMC-YA
I had the eact same question, but I'm not with the whole drag car/ big skinnies look. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with 18" Z06 rims, my friend has them on his 98 camaro so I'll be able to throw them on and see how they look first.

The Z-OH-6 rims most likely wont fit a 3rd gen. without adapters/spacers as all of the dish on these rims are on the back side. But you'll at least be able to test this without buying first as your pal has them now.

Let us know if they fit ok.

I have a taste for the Centerline convo pro's... anyone ever seen a TTA with Convo Pro's?..Shawn..... :)

I really liked the old BBS 3 piece wheel.. with the mesh.. I use to love the way they looked on Porshe's.. but thats a design thats no-more.

Re: Re: Wheel Choices

Originally posted by 89ICBM

Maybe some skinnies???

Julio,

I was looking at these http://www.fikse.com/products.html
I don't know how expensive they are though. I saw some Einki (spelling) wheels once that I really liked. They were similar in appearance to the stock wheel and they were gold. I think the 17 would really look good on the TTA and give a lot better performance.

Ha good luck with those. Very high quality wheels but they'll run like $5k for a set I believe.

I personally like some of the Weld Racing wheels. http://www.weldracing.com/Weld_Motorsports/wheels/pro_stock.shtm I think the Alumastar and the Magnesium Drag 2 wheels look the best.

Back